Estate Horde of 8 slot machines just picked up

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Estate Horde of 8 slot machines just picked up

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Just picked up 8 slots out of a Nebraska estate horde. Guy died 30 years ago. House had been closed up since his death.
Machines are dirty but mostly in great shape... with a few exceptions.
all were full of coins!
None had keys.
1) early war eagle. 5 ent. 10 stop mechanism. never had a pump for the handle. there are no holes in the base where one would have been. old repaint. Has side vendor cover. serial # 2242xx.
2) high top bonus. Bonus unit intact, but not functioning. needs a bonnet and back door. Runs fine except for bonus unit.
3) jennings club chief. (chinese front) light up. Filthy. needs a bath. top sign says "club chief". In the cash box was the inner case label which is stamped "Super De Luxe Chief". Also in the cash box was an original wiring diagram for the lights in the front casting.
4) black cherry. Very Clean! 5 cent. Still has the lock in the cash box door. still has both mechanism hold down screws.
5) Mills FOK. 5 cent. Decent shape. nice wood grain back door. Future pay indicator intact and working. Original / old mints intact.
6) jennings bronze chief. 25 cents. good shape, but chrome is pitted. Between the cash box, escalator, and coin tube, Plus the old nickel I found in the bottom of the case, I took $219.55 out this machine! cash box was full!
7) Mills castle front. 5 cent. Very nice older restoration. Very clean. Just needs 30 years of dust wiped off.
8) Early golden nugget conversion. some original parts. some not. Castings and bonnet are original. Has ancient slots plaque on side. Not my cup of tea, but at least it's a conversion rather than a total fake. It was a buy all or none deal.
Attachments
IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3211.JPG
IMG_3212.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG
IMG_3215.JPG
Midcoast Vintage

Re: Estate Horde of 8 slot machines just picked up

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 am

One would assume some of these would be for sale soon ??
nice to buy a collection of machines like this. I seem to pick them up in "threes" at times.
more photos later of the very early war eagle might be nice.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:34 am

Wow...Great find!!! Unless my eyes are deceiving me did you also purchase the Mills Lion Front, Watling (on the shelf), and the Mills on the floor??
rtmccurdy

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:39 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Wow...Great find!!! Unless my eyes are deceiving me did you also purchase the Mills Lion Front, Watling (on the shelf), and the Mills on the floor??

Thank you.
Those are other machines I will get to eventually.
There are more than what is shown.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:42 pm

JHSS-1944 wrote:One would assume some of these would be for sale soon ??
nice to buy a collection of machines like this. I seem to pick them up in "threes" at times.
more photos later of the very early war eagle might be nice.
jeff H.

Thank you.
Some will be for sale in the future.
We sell a lot of machines through our antique mall.
We are considering a slot / gameroom store in the near future, depending on how the law change effort goes in Tennessee.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby briank » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:06 am

Im not too far from you. Do you sell at the mall in south Beloit then?
briank

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Wow! See how easily things work out when Forum members put their location on the site.
I have been preaching this since the beginnings, but the majority chooses to hide. Just click
on "Members" at the upper right of this page, and see how many have posted their location
on pages 1,2,3, etc. Then click on any of the last pages, and see the big difference.

Oh, and Dave, (our Administrator), Something additional doesn't seem right with the Member
List, as the last posting of Feb.3, I don't think is correct, as I have seen a few other new names
on the Forum, that have not been added. We have 50 names per page, and page 30 now has 50,
but seems to have locked-up, and not continued on to page 31 as yet.

Anyhow, glad to see that things may work out with the machines in this thread. =D> Good Luck.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:13 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Wow! See how easily things work out when Forum members put their location on the site.
I have been preaching this since the beginnings, but the majority chooses to hide. Just click
on "Members" at the upper right of this page, and see how many have posted their location
on pages 1,2,3, etc. Then click on any of the last pages, and see the big difference.

Oh, and Dave, (our Administrator), Something additional doesn't seem right with the Member
List, as the last posting of Feb.3, I don't think is correct, as I have seen a few other new names
on the Forum, that have not been added. We have 50 names per page, and page 30 now has 50,

Anyhow, glad to see that things may work out with the machines in this thread. =D> Good Luck.

Not quite sure what you don't see as quite right with the membership page.

When I go to it, things look right to me.

Can you be more specific on what you are seeing as not quite right or include a screen shot?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 am

Dave wrote:
SLOT DYNASTY wrote:

Not quite sure what you don't see as quite right with the membership page.

When I go to it, things look right to me.

Can you be more specific on what you are seeing as not quite right or include a screen shot?

Dave

Dave:
To start off with: The Forum member pages appear to have 50 names per page, although I have not checked every page.
Some may be less, because 30x50=1500, and you are showing only 1467 registered members at this time. But that isn't
the reason I brought the subject up.
For over a week now, I have noticed that the last name, (taterry69), on page 30, (which is the 50th name for that page),
and registered on Feb. 2, 2017, has not advanced to a page 31, for the newest members to be seen, of which there are
a few. I haven't had time to look back at all the most recent postings, but one that I noticed yesterday, was in Posting
#4674. It is (Regecon), that registered on Feb. 19, 2017, which is most likely the last name at this point, but is not listed.
So, what I am trying to convey, is that the member sign-up pages, seem to have locked at the end of page 30, and not
opened up the next page 31, which would show the latest members since Feb. 2. Hope this isn't too confusing, but the
only way I can say it at this time. I am also sure, that there are about another 4 to 6 names not showing.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

briank wrote:Im not too far from you. Do you sell at the mall in south Beloit then?

Yes. We usually have 6 to 10 machines in the mall at any given time.
Midcoast Vintage

Return to Fantastic Finds