Bally The Nugget some questions

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Bally The Nugget some questions

Postby pb4sc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:15 am

Hi All,
So I was at the local swap meet, and ran across this Bally the Nugget trade stimulator.
DSC05996.JPG

As I got home, and started doing some research if found that this type of machine was sold at the Dan Morphy auction in January. https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/49989844_5-bally-mfg-the-nugget-trade-stimulator
49989844_1_x.jpg

Then I began looking a little harder. Both the one I bought, and the Auction one had 941. Then I noticed the rust where the coin enters. Both had the same pattern. I also looked at the loss of paint on the awards. They were also the same. It finally dawned on me that the one I bought was the same one that had been in the auction.

There are not too many pictures on Google of this machine. However, the ones I have seen have a black and white #s. The one I purchased has the gold numbers you find on the side of a mailbox. Did the originals have black and white numbers? Does anyone know where I could get some?

My other question is about the trim I see in this example.
12510331_1_x.jpg

Is this something that was added on? Or did the originals have a metal trim? Most of the pictures I have found do not have the metal trim.

Thanks everyone,
Phil
pb4sc

Re: Bally The Nugget some questions

Postby kentdun » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:09 pm

I have one with white numbers on a blue/purple strips. If you need parts, I would sell it. Mechanism is good, but no back door. Front of cabinet is rough. Sides and top are good. . $50 plus postage from Minnesota.
Attachments
1487617041429-37894801.jpg
kentdun

Re: Bally The Nugget some questions

Postby pb4sc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks for the info, Kentdum. I will PM you.

Phil
pb4sc

Return to Trade Stimulators