Mills Hi Top

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Mills Hi Top

Postby YourBestBet » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 am

I've been watching this Hi Top and bidding seems to be unusually strong. Especially for the missing front wood base. It's a quarter machine and appears to be unmolested.

Thoughts? http://www.ebay.com/itm/172551185470?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
YourBestBet

Re: Mills Hi Top

Postby rtmccurdy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:01 am

(I've had an Antique business for 37 years and been collecting and buying/selling slots, etc since 1987) The bidding puzzles me. I'm sure many qualified collectors/dealers might be more helpful but here is what I see: jackpot pushbar missing and some minor mech. parts; front wood damage is quite severe necessitating a base replacement or difficult wood replacement/patch that may work since that area is finished in black. The Mills Jewel Bell is fairly common in 5, 10, and 25-cent denominations and pops up frequently on ebay in "all original" condition. There are numerous examples on the major slot dealer's websites and there have always been nice examples ($1000-1200 range) at every Chicago Coin-Op Show that I attend. Perhaps the 25-centers are a bit harder to find? In my humble opinion the "condition is everything" credo used when purchasing antiques in general might be applied here. Robert
rtmccurdy

Postby briank » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 am

Another thing that baffles me with the bidding on ebay is why do people bid with days left and not at the last minute? Other than a 1st bid so they dont pull it, why increase the bid with days left on an item? This seems high to me on this slot.
briank

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:34 am

Dead ringer for my machine except for the single cherry payout.

Best,
OneArmBandito

Postby oldslotman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:50 pm

It is also missing the jackpot trip lever in addition to jackpot push bar. Jackpot will not work in that condition. Not complete and unmolested as stated.
oldslotman

Return to E-Bay