Bogus Rol a top for $6200, anyone?

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Bogus Rol a top for $6200, anyone?

Postby clubconsoles » Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182547206502?ul_noapp=true

well folks, this is such an awful repro i cant thinkof anyone in their right mind would agree with the seller that this is "excellent Quality" and a "collectors item"??
clubconsoles

Re: Bogus Rol a top for $6200, anyone?

Postby leospanner » Wed May 03, 2017 10:54 am

Looks like, if DC can't get us one way, they'll look for another. It must be a politician that put it up for sale, as usual thinking the public won't know.
leospanner

Postby ed12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:40 am

the side panels are pure junk
what is this person thinking ??

ed
ed12

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:07 am

I had issues with it but, not ever owning a Watling, I wasn't for sure. the price was the stopper for me anyhow. Watch , it will be up again shortly.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 am

yep ! it's up again. either get it removed, or a few people here should talk to the seller. Or possibly both.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu May 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Normally, I do not bother notifying e-Bay sellers about their Bogus machines any longer, as many of them
know full-well what they are trying to pass off, and don't give-a-crap, and will send a nasty response. But
this one here, just tugged at my craw. I did send this seller a somewhat harsh notice, and received a very
mild response, and also noticed that they have added a little to their description, and drastically lowered
the price, (even though not low enough).

Here is my note:
You are defrauding anyone that might be interested in this machine, and should be noted in your description, as to exactly what it is.
It is a Total FAKE piece of JUNK, with homemade case, recast castings, and a mechanism from another manufacturers model. The coin
mechanism is made up from misc. incorrect parts. There are NO Skill Stops, like you say, and being as you do not show the inside of the
case with the mechanism out, I venture to say, that it has NO operating Gold Award, Venders, or Jackpot. All this contraption is worth,
would be maybe $200, to someone that can use the mechanism, or it's parts.

Here is their reply:
Thanks I was not aware that this was not authentic.

Well, I guess sometimes things work out a bit to the better. They now also state, that it was a gift, and didn't know. OK! #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 am

Some people really don't know. local guy with a humped up high top with the early 1930's mechanics in it. tried to sell to me. was his fathers, And had the receipts from a slot shop that his father bought it from 30 + years ago. I send a few photos of the same era high top ,he compared the photos to his & wasn't happy that his father got taken years ago (and for good $$$ too). I agree ,others know full well what they have ,ect.
JHSS-1944

Return to E-Bay