Mills half dollar...

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Mills half dollar...

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-Slot-Mach ... SwcgNZCiUm

Just dreaming.....fair price anyone ? Comments ?
OneArmBandito

Re: Mills half dollar...

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:19 pm

I saw that one also. looks like a slightly reworked by "Buckley" type machine. Put the Cherries back on.... I would say the price is correct from a dealer stand point. If it was mine & I wanted to move it, price around $2,300.00 / $2,500.00, of course that depends on what I had into it also.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby OneArmBandito » Mon May 08, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks for weighing in on that. The payout issue is a bit troubling. Maybe someone greased the payout slides real good.
Then there's this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circa-1948-Mill ... SwTZ1Xl9Dk

I've looked at it many times, but the price puts me off as well as the necessity of shipping. There could probably be a sub forum dedicated to those horror stories.

Best,
OneArmBandito

Postby edgeCity » Mon May 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Well, the North Carolina machine is a beaut, by that price is totally unrealistic. Thinking it's an "I really don't want to sell it" price.
Just saw this one, for a grand less -- looks just as nice, too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-777-Fif ... 2622311280
. . . 50c slots are fun to play. Good luck in your search!
Nelson
edgeCity

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon May 08, 2017 6:03 pm

OneArmBandito wrote:Thanks for weighing in on that. The payout issue is a bit troubling. Maybe someone greased the payout slides real good.
Then there's this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circa-1948-Mill ... SwTZ1Xl9Dk

I've looked at it many times, but the price puts me off as well as the necessity of shipping. There could probably be a sub forum dedicated to those horror stories.

Best,

Wow! $4,895.00 for a HighTop? Brand new, out-of-the-crate, doesn't deserve that!
Yeah, I know it's a fifty-center, but 'give me a break'! It's restored, but the reel strips
don't even line up. That knocks off a few bucks right there! Like a couple of grand.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:56 am

Yep , seen both on them. Believe both been relisted a few times (?).
Even some dealers from time to time have "don't want to sell prices" on odd ball machines. E-bay is very terrible .....
Let me ref-raze that , some of the Sellers are terrible On e-bay. you have any item you wish to sell AND you don't bother to see if others of the same are up for sale & what prices those owners want ? not to bright.
So you have a shinny green glass marble & you want $50.00 for it. well ,there's 50 others up for sale currently & everyone else wants $2.00 each..... just wasting everyone's time , specially their own.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue May 09, 2017 2:18 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:Yep , seen both on them. Believe both been relisted a few times (?).
Even some dealers from time to time have "don't want to sell prices" on odd ball machines. E-bay is very terrible .....
Let me ref-raze that , some of the Sellers are terrible On e-bay. you have any item you wish to sell AND you don't bother to see if others of the same are up for sale & what prices those owners want ? not to bright.
So you have a shinny green glass marble & you want $50.00 for it. well ,there's 50 others up for sale currently & everyone else wants $2.00 each..... just wasting everyone's time , specially their own.

What this all boils down to, is the youngsters favorite day at school, called "SHOW-AND-TELL". #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:47 am

But that's what this forum is for.....
Dave ,you need find a way to post an articular on e-bay, to lure people to this forum....
JHSS-1944

Postby edgeCity » Tue May 09, 2017 4:02 am

"What this all boils down to, is the youngsters favorite day at school, called 'SHOW-AND-TELL'."

. . . Ha! Copy THAT!
edgeCity

Postby OneArmBandito » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am

"The reel strips don't line up". Now I hadn't noticed that. What I did notice was the machine in Arkansas is missing the jackpot mech. Was thinking of making a lowball offer on the N.C. machine...maybe. But then, what if they accept it !
OneArmBandito

Next

Return to E-Bay