Lubrication for trade stimulators

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Lubrication for trade stimulators

Postby Paladin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 am

I need some help on trade stimulators lubrication. I did a search I couldn’t really find the answers. First is what products do you guys recommend? Second how often should you lubricate your trade stimulators with casual use? Third what parts of the mechanism should you lubricate?
Thanks for any help.

Pete
Paladin

Re: Lubrication for trade stimulators

Postby neocoinops » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:48 pm

You can't go wrong with using 3-1 (aka sewing machine) oil for rotating parts like shafts and bearings and vaseline for sliding parts (except for any payout slides or gum chutes).

I usually lube my machines once a year, but they have very light use. The more you use them, the more frequently they should be lubed. Playing them periodically also helps keep them lubed.
neocoinops

Postby norabt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:27 pm

The only oil I use on my slots and trade stimulators is a synthetic oil - Liquid Bearings - it is way better than 3 in 1. Google Liquid Bearings and decide for yourself.
norabt

Postby Paladin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for the information.

Pete
Paladin

Postby RameGoom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:00 pm

I second that "Liquid Bearings" material. Use it exclusively on every moving part. They make oil and also grease in that blend. Won't ever harden and stays oily forever.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Return to Trade Stimulators