Mills bursting Cherry 5 cent handle

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills bursting Cherry 5 cent handle

Postby lani » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 am

The handle has disengaged and I can't figure out how to reset it. Right now machine doesn't work as handle just "flops". Any ideas?
lani

Re: Mills bursting Cherry 5 cent handle

Postby mechanic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Can you pull the mech out of the cabinet? If so then pull it almost all the way out lift the handle up and while holding the handle push the mech back into the cabinet and secure the mech so it wont back up. Try pulling the handle, if it pulls down then it will spin the reels. If you can not pull down the handle then insert a coin then try it.
mechanic

Postby lani » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 am

I have done as you suggested and the handle still "flops" forward. Inserting a nickel didn't change anything. The escalator is working properly, I believe. The handle just has "play" in it, and doesn't spin the reels.
lani

Postby mechanic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:14 pm

There is something else happening here. Are you able to post some pics? Will need the inside cabinet handle area and the right side of the mech. Could be a part broken or missing.
mechanic

Postby nhsodaman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

I hate to ask but is the spring good and is the handle loose at the bracket. When you took it out of cabinet did you recycle it and the mech worked
nhsodaman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions