Serial numbers on slot machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Serial numbers on slot machine

Postby firefox1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:29 am

Someone said Jennings slot machine have a serial number stamped into the wood by the mfg. I never heard such a thing.
I like your opinion.
Thanks
firefox1

Re: Serial numbers on slot machine

Postby cabinetguy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 am

There is a serial no. Stamped on the lower left side of my tic-tac-toe machine. It's hard to see from being refinished over the years but if you know it's there you can make it out.
cabinetguy

Postby flipper77 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:01 am

Most of the later Jennings have the serial number in three places - on paper tag inside, on bottom back of mech and on the non-handle side of wood case shown here.
Attachments
DSC04136.JPG
flipper77

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 pm

flipper77 wrote:Most of the later Jennings have the serial number in three places - on paper tag inside, on bottom back of mech and on the non-handle side of wood case shown here.

flipper:
Speaking of serials, did you ever send me the one from your "Penny Pack", that I see on the table,
in the background of your pix? It appears to be the taller coin divider model with the swivel base.
Therefore, the number should be on the back edge of the base-plate, just below the door, rather
than on the bottom of the case.
Thanks, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby flipper77 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:38 am

Bill, I had sent the serial number for the Daval Penny Pack earlier - 39411. Just picked up the machine (?) next to it and will need an award card from you. Sure appreciate your service of very fair priced and full range of trade stimulator award cards. Must be infuriating to you when a jerk copies your cards and sells a much lower quality card for three times your fair price. Flip
Attachments
DSC07761.JPG
flipper77

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 am

Hi Flip:
If you sent the serial before, thanks again. I had no way to look it up without knowing the number, as that
is how they are filed. Then the card will show who sent it, and when. I will check it out later, to be sure.

Wow! Word sure is getting around, about people copying my repros. I have heard this from others in the
past. Those persons fall into the 'low-life' category. If saving a dollar or two, is that big a deal, then so-be-it.
It's easy for anyone to do now, with all the big-box copy shops. When I first started doing repros years ago,
just like when the late Dave Evans started with the Slot paper, several items were laid out on a large sheet,
for the beginning process, then multiple sheets run on a large printing press. Then were stacked in groups
of 100 or so, to be cut. A very long and tedious process. It all started with two different sets of strips, and
two award cards, just because I needed them, and at the same time, I thought "why not run a bunch, just in
case someone else needs them down the line". Well, as time went on, there were others that needed them.
Since that time I was continually gathering other cards and strips to do. All of my items are copied directly
from Originals. Some from NOS originals, and others that needed cleaning, and artist touch-up work. Nothing
has been made from scratch, (with the exception of three cards), that I had to make for early machines, that
were 'one-of-a-kind' at the time, with no original paper available. Those machines are still the only ones known
to this day.
Much of the copying of my repros, started with the Vegas Butcher, when I told him many years ago, "Not To Order
Anything From Me Again", because of all the Bogus & Fantasy machines he was throwing together, and putting the
incorrect strips & cards in. He still had a few of my items to copy, and has been doing it ever since. I can tell most
of my items very easily. Even when seeing them in any machine on eBay. Either direct items from me, or that have
been recopied. He has apparently had other items of mine copied, that I knew I didn't sell him, as they have been
turning up on his Junk from time to time. He has also had many other Fake made-from-scratch cards & strips done,
that never existed in certain machines, to use in his Fantasy Creations.
I have also had contact from a couple of collectors, asking me about some new looking strips they seen in machines
on eBay, and if they were my repros. I checked, and said "NO", as they were not copied directly from originals, as
the coloring was not correct. I have also noticed some new award cards in machines, that are not exact, and have
been laid-out from scratch, as the lettering is not the same font as the originals. I realize that some companies ran
different versions of cards, with future runs, but these were not any of those.
Regarding others that have done repros of items that I have or have not done, I don't know where they come up with
some of their pricing. One in particular, is a person that has done three or four cards for different shock machines.
They list the marqee card for the Mills "Firefly" Shocker, at $25.00 plus $8.00 mailing. I have been selling that same
card for $5.00 ppd for many years. Go figure!
While I am at it. Another Clown that has been selling repro items for the Groetchen "Imp", ordered a set of both
fruit and cigarette strips from me, a few years ago. He copied my repros, and was selling them on eBay within a
week. I called him about it, and he said they were copies of his. Then I said "what did you order them from me for,
if you had them". He stumbled for an answer, which was useless. I knew he was flat-out lying, because my repros
were made from mint originals, and there are some factory marks on those sets, that aren't on others, and I can
spot them immediately. He sells them for $13.99 plus $2.99 mailing. I sell my sets for $10.00 ppd. He also took the
same cigarette strips, and changed the IMP name at the bottom of each strip, to read CUB, which is a Daval machine.
The idiot was not aware that all the packs pictured are not the same for both machines, and the people that have
purchased those, have been snookered.
Again, It's all Greed, for the almighty dollar. They must feel very proud. :^o
Aren't you glad you asked, Flip? :roll:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Jetlag4now » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks guys! COCA member & juke collector for years but only a handful of slots. Recently picked up a Jennings Victory Chief at a farm sale. Kept hearing about serial #'s in 3 places but mech was dirty. After reading this see # on payout card, lower left side of cabinet, & on the back of mech see the orig# with a line thru it & the # matching the other 2 next to it as they retrofit older mechs into the cabinet due to wartime restrictions. Have also picked up several cleaning & restoration tips. Very worthwhile time on the site & great to know how helpful the experts are. Thanks!
Jetlag4now

Return to Just Chatting