Pace Whiz Ball

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Pace Whiz Ball

Postby mrblatzman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:15 pm

P9052104.JPG
Can someone help me understand why this old original Whiz Ball has no point values on the circles or the ball trap....Also the cast in words instead of the usual paper label or decal....Thankyou Bob Reno in Fort Payne Alabama
mrblatzman

Re: Pace Whiz Ball

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Bob:
If your machine is as original as you say, leave it alone. What you have is a variation of a very long run
for this model, and one that is not seen often. There were several variations, of scoring numbers. Some
numbers were painted on the castings. Others were either decals or stickers. Some had a printed paper
strip across the top of the inner ball-drop glass. Others had stickers on the large front glass. The card to
the right, with the coinage & instructions, changed as well, but this variation with the raised letters, is
not common.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrblatzman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Thankyou for you helpful information...It is a pretty decent old original, far from perfect, but way to nice of a original to redo...I will lighty clean and leave original....The original very short lock with a made on tongue is still in place, but no key, and I have not found a key in my misc old keys that will even go in the lock, but I do have another coffee can to look thru....It is odd that there were no instruction for playing this particular variation....Thanks again Bob
mrblatzman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Bob:
Oops! Forgot to ask.
Being as I can only see the small area of the casting at the bottom, and not the entire machine,
does this happen to be a BaseBall model? As they usually had the cast lettering to the right. If
your front glass has been replaced, the original would have had all the stickers on it, as shown
in the example below.
Bill
Pace 1c 'Play Ball' (orig)1a.jpg
Pace 1c "Play Ball"
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrblatzman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:57 am

This is not a baseball model...it has the cast aluminum whiz ball marque...The cabinet is a very dark green and some of the wood is gold and dark green...Has the cast aluminum front casting with the recessed areas painted in.... ....Bob
mrblatzman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions