Pair of slots + Extras

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Pair of slots + Extras

Postby gamblingman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Guys, it has been a while since I have been here on the forum. My wife and I were rehabbing our home, and I gradually moved from slots into Diggers and lately old pinball machines. At any rate, here is the deal, I have been offered a different position in my company that is back closer to my original home, and very close to where our kids are. As much as I hate to leave Chicago, we have decided being back closer to family is more important than what we are doing here. But with the move, we have also decided it is time to completely downsize. The goal is to get a small apartment and travel between it and our cabin up in Oregon, which is where we will eventually retire. I have a couple of slots left that have been sitting in my office for several years. They are in great shape, but I will admit they are a little gummy from sitting un-played, so they will need a good tune up. I am not someone out here trolling, and I know this will probably rub some folks the wrong way, but I have been out of the slot forum long enough that I really don't have a concrete idea on value anymore. I know there are some of you out there than know me from other deals where I turned you on to a find, or we met at the show in St. Charles, or had some other deal along the way. I am a stand-up guy not looking to get rich, but just wanting to make a decent deal for the both of us. The first machine is a Mills 10cent Castle Front. It is very clean and has a pretty decent paint job for an amateur...lol. Wood is also re-finished. Nothing wrong with it other than it turns slow. The stand you see goes with the slot machine. The second slot is a Caille ...I am not sure of the model name, other than I have seen one other just like it and it was referred to as a "no lemon". This slot works, and the pump was rebuilt several years ago, and I believe it is still good. The mech is just gummy. There is one weld on the bottom corner of the mech frame, but it does not affect the operation. As an extra, I have a gutted mech frame with a few parts that goes with the slot, so the piece can be swapped out. This has an automotive paint job from many years ago. If anyone local is interested in the pair, PM me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk. Please be respectful to me, and I will be respectful to you. Money isn't the issue here, and I would like to see these go to a local collector that either appreciates them, or makes a few bucks on them. I don't want to deal with shipping, so you need to pick them up, but I can hold them for you for a short time, as we have a lot to do. If this is an issue because I didn't list a price, please let me know and I will pull the listing. Thanks everyone for all of the support and help you provided over the years. Who knows, maybe one day I will be back collecting again.......lol
Attachments
Caille 2.jpg
Caille1.jpg
castle 3.jpg
Castle 2.jpg
Castle 1.jpg
gamblingman

Re: Pair of slots + Extras

Postby J57T » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:12 pm

I am interested in the slot stands, if available. Please contact me at: heintzagri@centurytel.net Thank you. John
J57T

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Sorry to see that you are getting out of coin-op but completely understand.

There nothing wrong at all with your post.

Hope the move goes well and good luck with everything
Dave
Site Admin

Postby gamblingman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks, I will still flow along now and again as I don't think this ever gets out of your blood, but I am going to have to limit anything I might collect and tinker with to very small items.
gamblingman

Postby Richard13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Sounds like it's time to switch to trade stims lol. Smaller lighter easier to decorate with in tight quarters. Good luck to you.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby gamblingman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 am

You may b e right!
gamblingman

Postby kentdun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 am

I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you even up one of my trade stimulators for our of your slots. I'll take on the burden of lifting,moving and storing those big heavy slots.
kentdun

Postby gamblingman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Funny....If we were a few months down the road, that might be tempting. I am literally 5 minutes from Pheasant Run, and unless the house sells really quickly, we will still be here. I don't have to be at the new site until Jan 1. If anyone is coming to the show and wants to make an offer. let me know....otherwise I will just put them up for sale there.

Thanks
gamblingman

Postby gamblingman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Bump. Still working out the logistics of my house sale. Moving in December is not what I wanted to do....lol

Anyone want to bite at 1200 for the pair? Not wanting to make a killing, just wanting them to go to a good home.
gamblingman

Postby toydoc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

I'll be happy to take them, Bill 305-947-7744
toydoc

Return to Machines For Sale