Watling Gold Seal Award Twin Jackpot

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Watling Gold Seal Award Twin Jackpot

Postby DG Brown » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi. I am new to this group and not knowledgeable about slots or trade stimulators. I recently bought a Watling Gold Seal from an old friend. I do not want to sell it, I just want to have it running. A friend of mine took it apart and told me it needs a new clock or if maybe somebody can repair the clock that is in it. I also need a piece of the front face trim. Any ideas, suggestions. Many thanks for the help
DG Brown

Re: Watling Gold Seal Award Twin Jackpot

Postby flipper77 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:09 am

A picture and where you are located would be helpful.
flipper77

Postby DG Brown » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I am located in Sunbury Pa. This is northcentral Pennsylvania Attached are pictures of the clock. Also, as seen in the one photo I have the red piece of cast trim but am missing the surrounding chrome piece as seen in the next photo of another machine that I have. The clock spins when spun manually but i think the gears are worn or broken as it doesnt spin when used
Attachments
IMG_2212.JPG
This is a picture of my complete one with the red cast piece and the chrome trim around it
IMG_2211.JPG
This is the red cast piece but am missing the chrome trim
IMG_2210.JPG
pic of clock that doesnt work
IMG_2209.JPG
pic of clock
IMG_2208.JPG
pic of clock
IMG_2207.JPG
pic of clock
DG Brown

Postby sam2002 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 pm

You may want to try giving the clock a good cleaning and then re-oil the clock . Sometimes that old gunky grease gets gelled and hard .
sam2002

Postby flipper77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:27 am

Good advice from Sam. A close look at that clock confirms that there is rust on the gears and rust on the bearings - not good. One problem with the Watling Baby Bell(and other small machines such as QT, Little Duke/Duchess) is that clock is mounted vertically rather than horizontal. So clock lube needs more frequent attention. You can try to oil the clock while installed but I have found that you need to remove the clock, take it apart and clean each piece carefully. Most then go back together and work fine. But sounds easy - removing clock, taking it apart, putting it back together right and re-installing - can be a challenge, especially first time. Machine looks good so worth the time invested. Flip.
flipper77

Postby DG Brown » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 am

I am hesitant to tear apart the clock. I had a local guy thoroughly lubricate and soak it. He felt that it needed to be repaired by someone that knows what they are doing instead of me- a backyard mechanic. Is there anyone that is knowledgeable about a repair of this type. I would love to have this working if at all possible.
DG Brown

Postby DG Brown » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Is there someone that specializes in repairing clocks like this.
DG Brown

Postby DG Brown » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:01 am

Great news for me. After searching for hours I found the piece of trim that I was missing. It is missing the paper (decal) inserts. Where can I find something like this. My machine is coming along and i found someone in this group that is willing to look at the clock for me. Can't wait to get this local piece of history back working and looking great.
Attachments
IMG_2230.JPG
DG Brown

Return to Trade Stimulators