Slides

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Slides

Postby John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:48 am

In the coin drop of my mills 1 cent machine the coins got stuck. So I had to pull out 4 slides at the bottom. I did not pay attention at the time to which way they faced up or down and which order then went in. Also I can not get them to slide back in yet they came right out. They are whats looks like brass approx 1 inch wide and 4 inches lonf with a penny hole in it and groves? Picture attached. I am not a slor repair person but can fix minor problems if a lot of diasassembly is not involved. Thanks for any help
Attachments
PB050002.JPG
John

Re: Slides

Postby oldslotman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:34 pm

They have to be replaced in the order that they came out.
oldslotman

Postby mechanic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Looks like a Mills Poinsetta. If its a 2-4 pay then the thinner 2-pay slides go on the top and bottom of the stack with the remaining thicker 4-pay slides in the middle. To do it properly you need to remove the coin tube and slide cover first then reattach the slide springs to the bracket in back and replace the cover and tube. Be sure to get the rake off arm back into position. Its the flat piece that sticks through the top back of the tube. I almost always forget to do it myself. Jim
mechanic

Postby oldslotman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 pm

mechanic wrote:Looks like a Mills Poinsetta. If its a 2-4 pay then the thinner 2-pay slides go on the top and bottom of the stack with the remaining thicker 4-pay slides in the middle. To do it properly you need to remove the coin tube and slide cover first then reattach the slide springs to the bracket in back and replace the cover and tube. Be sure to get the rake off arm back into position. Its the flat piece that sticks through the top back of the tube. I almost always forget to do it myself. Jim

If it is a 2/4 pay, the top four slides are the thicker ones. They should be from the bottom up 2 2 4 4 4 4 . The payouts are 2,4,4,8,8,12,12,16,16,20.
oldslotman

Postby mechanic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 pm

oldslotman wrote:
mechanic wrote:Looks like a Mills Poinsetta. If its a 2-4 pay then the thinner 2-pay slides go on the top and bottom of the stack with the remaining thicker 4-pay slides in the middle. To do it properly you need to remove the coin tube and slide cover first then reattach the slide springs to the bracket in back and replace the cover and tube. Be sure to get the rake off arm back into position. Its the flat piece that sticks through the top back of the tube. I almost always forget to do it myself. Jim

If it is a 2/4 pay, the top four slides are the thicker ones. They should be from the bottom up 2 2 4 4 4 4 . The payouts are 2,4,4,8,8,12,12,16,16,20.

oldslotmans right !!!! brainfart on my end !!!!!!!!
mechanic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions