Columbia DeLuxe questions (:

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Columbia DeLuxe questions (:

Postby kurtchrist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:32 am

So, I've found myself the owner of what appears to be a Columbia Deluxe 5c slot machine. I remember my dad getting this for my mom for her birthday back in the mid 70's. It stayed indoors for maybe 20 years, then was stored outside in a garage in southwest Arizona (hot and dry). I know it worked in the past, and I think I remember my mom mentioned having it serviced at some point in the 90's, but I could be wrong about that (:

Anyways, at this point, I have inherited it...and not really sure what I have (: Right now you can pull the lever without dropping a coin in, and the wheels spin, but not always with a lot of...enthusiasm. The coin just drops right through. After poking around here, I'm guessing someone can give me some info about this machine (: Thanks!
Attachments
20171025_102119.jpg
20171025_102124.jpg
20171025_102133.jpg
kurtchrist

Re: Columbia DeLuxe questions (:

Postby marsonion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm

kurtchrist wrote:So, I've found myself the owner of what appears to be a Columbia Deluxe 5c slot machine. I remember my dad getting this for my mom for her birthday back in the mid 70's. It stayed indoors for maybe 20 years, then was stored outside in a garage in southwest Arizona (hot and dry). I know it worked in the past, and I think I remember my mom mentioned having it serviced at some point in the 90's, but I could be wrong about that (:

Anyways, at this point, I have inherited it...and not really sure what I have (: Right now you can pull the lever without dropping a coin in, and the wheels spin, but not always with a lot of...enthusiasm. The coin just drops right through. After poking around here, I'm guessing someone can give me some info about this machine (: Thanks!

Since it doesn't look like you're getting any response on this board, you're welcome to PM me and I can probably help you via phone and email... your Deluxe malfunctions don't sound too serious and I've gotten quite a few rusty-crusty, fossilized Columbias running from zero. Plus I own an assortment of models we can use for photo reference.
marsonion

Re: Columbia DeLuxe questions (:

Postby cbvig » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:19 am

Hey. First time here. I also have a Columbia that is in decent shape, cycles correctly for the most part, but the carousel won't advance. I can move it by hand during the cycle and it will rotate when making a payout, but won't rotate otherwise. This, of course, results in a jam, as the coin is trying to drop into an already occupied space. Help!
cbvig

Return to Slots