Mills hightop payslides

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Mills hightop payslides

Postby Imyourcaptain » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Anyone have Mills hightop quarter payslides? Just need the slides

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Re: Mills hightop payslides

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm

There are two different jackpot slides, which is the top slide. The length of the pin that trips the jackpot. It depends on which jackpot trip you have.
oldslotman

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

This is the current slides installed. Used to be a nickel but was converted to dimes.

I’m still learning, but couldn’t I just use the the same jackpot trip that’s on here?
Attachments
A99E06AE-6193-49FA-8D85-62C6207FC32E.jpeg
Imyourcaptain

Postby mechanic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Your jackpot trip lever is the same for all denominations from 1C---25C. The 50C trip has a longer nose. What makes the trip work is the pin on the top slide, it must run under the lift carriage which pushes the nose up and trips the release lever on the jackpot housing. If you are having a problem check to see if the trip lever goes high enough to trip the release lever on the jackpot housing. You may have to remove the top casting in order to see the action. Sometimes a good flashlight works too.
mechanic

Postby MONTI » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 am

I agree with everything mechanic said with this addition if I understand your original comments correctly as in going from a nickle than to a dime and then as you are doing back to a quarter you will be changing more components of the payout slide assemble other than just the slides as the coin tube, slide cover, posts, Etc. will need replacing and adjustments will be necessary for the horizontal slide release levers to be positioned correctly for proper slide releasing for payouts!
All these tasks are do-able if you have all the parts needed to accomplish the job, which you may have already and just not mentioned it!
Here below are some pictures that may be of help to you to understand the interaction between the payout slide assembly on the mechanism and the front jackpot assembly!
In the pictured example the main jackpot trip is brought about differently than yours as the post on the top slide alone, on the two pay slide, trips the main jackpot release!
There are 3 or 4 varieties of this interaction with all accomplishing the same task so you should probably be aware of this as you gather all the parts necessary to do what you wish to do!
Also as mechanic mentioned a strong led type flashlight of a smaller type can be used to keep from having to remove the upper casting if it is placed under the reel assembly slightly above and to the left of the clock fan to watch the interaction of the mechanism and the front jackpot!
Hope this helps somewhat!
Ciao,
MONTI

FRONT JACKPOT showing Trip Levers.JPG

MECH SLIDES showing Front Jackpot Trips.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby Imyourcaptain » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:07 pm

I do in fact have everything I need to complete the conversion minus the quarter slides. At least with the main mech.

Monti - I was under impression in the photo I posted the part painted red was in fact the jackpot trip currently installed on my machine? I thought the top slide when jackpot is hit, slides all the way under this, lifting it all the way up and that’s what causes the jackpot to trip?

I must admit I wasn’t worried about the jackpot so much but I do in fact have a fully functioning dime jackpot, Is it possible to just switch the jackpot door or is there other components that need to be changed or adjusted to complete quarter conversion?

Only way I’m going to learn is by getting my hands dirty!

Thanks to all assisting me with this!

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Captain!
My bad, I probably confused you a bit with the pictures I posted!
Possibly you could post a couple of pictures of the front jackpot as well as there are two different shapes of the main jackpot trip assembly on the front jackpot!
One would be triggered by the "RED" area of the arm on your slide cover after the post on the slide lifted the lever and the other having a different shape to it would be triggered just by the post on the slide passing beneath it.
There are a few variables with what you are doing depending on the jackpot, whether it is a front fill with no reserve or if it has a reserve, the shape of the main jackpot release lever on the front jackpot, Etc.
The Mills front jackpot and it operation changed slightly over the years and in the case of some of the reproduction assemblies out there additional changes occurred!
Also if you actually have a dime front jackpot using quarters will make the jackpot smaller due to the coin size difference as well!
As you had mentioned that it had been converted from a nickle to a dime prior to your getting it I am not sure what you are dealing with for parts you are using not knowing how these changes were done!
I may be overthinking it as I sometimes do and not knowing fully of what you have I may be answering you incorrectly!
Did you start out with a fully functioning dime slot machine with the front jackpot fully operational?
Possibly a picture of the front jackpot and the parts that you are using to convert to a quarter would make it easier to discuss!
I hope I haven't got you scratching your head too much! LOL
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby Imyourcaptain » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Monti,

Here is some photos of the jackpot. I think I’ll have a better idea once I get all the pieces and dig into the conversion itself.

First thing first is to get the mech running and paying right. Then I’ll jump into the jackpot. Not sure if the photos help you any with description you’re describing?

Randy
Attachments
68C1CCAD-3239-47DF-83E5-009B0BE7BFED.jpeg
39BAEE30-7376-455C-B75D-A15FB2879F3A.jpeg
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes Captain as I see from your pictures your front jackpot as it exists now is designed for the interaction with the lever marked in RED on the slide housing cover!
The main jackpot trip tab on the jackpot housing is a flat tab for this operation!
I have also placed below a picture of the operation as it would be with the original design jackpot just in case in your working on this project you change out the front jackpot!
If nothing else you can file it away for future knowledge!
It has been my experience after all these years that the full understanding of the front jackpot operation on a Mills slot machine can sometimes be hard to understand so I have made these pictures up to help my customers understand it better!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

MILLS Front Jackpot operation.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby Imyourcaptain » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 am

Thanks Monti!

I will keep your info on hand, I know from some limited experience that the Mills jackpots do have variations and can be quite frustrating to understand while operating inside the case.

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Return to Parts WANTED