who makes/ sells repro side venders?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

who makes/ sells repro side venders?

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 pm

looking for one to fit my Caille.
I googled "slot machine repro side venders" and cannot find a seller other than a few which have sold on eBay or Morphys?
clubconsoles

Re: who makes/ sells repro side venders?

Postby mechanic » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Jack Brink in N Hollywood CA.made many of the repro side vendors but I lost track of him. Don't know if he's even around anymore.
mechanic

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 pm

thanks Mechanic.
I heard Jack Brink is in his 80s now and, unless you can drive on over, your stand little chance of buying anything?
being in the UK,its not a realistic option for me, i'm afraid!
clubconsoles

Postby marsonion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 pm

mechanic wrote:Jack Brink in N Hollywood CA.made many of the repro side vendors but I lost track of him. Don't know if he's even around anymore.

I spoke with Jack on the phone only three or four weeks ago. He had been winding down Metal Form Products for years, has now relocated and mostly retired, putting whatever leftover inventory into such deep storage that he told me he has difficulty getting to any of it. At any rate, the distinctive Dictator item was not among the side-vendors he reproduced anyway: it doesn't appear in any edition of his catalog that I've seen.

Does your Dictator actually have the Caille side-vendor hardware in it--? Attached are pictures of a beat-up, old Doughboy (1935); it appears there's some parts to the right of the coin slides and a rod running down the lower inside of the cabinet, below the handle. One of the French members of the forum (Mills) apparently has a Cadet (1936) equipped with a side-vendor also:

http://retro-jackpot.fr/
Attachments
vender1.jpg
vender2.jpg
marsonion

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am

marsonion wrote:
mechanic wrote:Jack Brink in N Hollywood CA.made many of the repro side vendors but I lost track of him. Don't know if he's even around anymore.

I spoke with Jack on the phone only three or four weeks ago. He had been winding down Metal Form Products for years, has now relocated and mostly retired, putting whatever leftover inventory into such deep storage that he told me he has difficulty getting to any of it. At any rate, the distinctive Dictator item was not among the side-vendors he reproduced anyway: it doesn't appear in any edition of his catalog that I've seen.

Does your Dictator actually have the Caille side-vendor hardware in it--? Attached are pictures of a beat-up, old Doughboy (1935); it appears there's some parts to the right of the coin slides and a rod running down the lower inside of the cabinet, below the handle. One of the French members of the forum (Mills) apparently has a Cadet (1936) equipped with a side-vendor also:

http://retro-jackpot.fr/

Hi again marsonion
Many thanks for your input.
Yes ,my Dictator has the holes in the case and the linkage inside to work with the side vender.
i doubt very much that i will find a dictator one, any rate.
A later one from a Cadet or Dough boy would be fine as they are rather plain like the dictator case.
there is one on eBay at moment and its quite pricey but looks real nice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142666166220?ul_noapp=true

It has the scroll work so more suited to a superior of the late 20s rather than a mid 30s Caille such as my Dictator.

Do you know of any cadet or dough boy side venders for sale??

Nigel
Attachments
superior side.jpg
clubconsoles

Return to Just Chatting