Mills Lion Head front casting plate

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

Mills Lion Head front casting plate

Postby MillJen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi. Is the piece missing in this picture something that is available separate or do you have to buy the whole casting ? Also, what is the reason some machines have this area removable ? Is it for a Gold Award setup ? Do reproduction machines have this part as well or do they leave it solid ? and if repo's leave it solid, would that be a way to determine it is a reproduction ?
Still learning all I can, so any help is much valued.
Attachments
Lion Head.jpg
MillJen

Re: Mills Lion Head front casting plate

Postby norabt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:47 am

Dave Berten has that part.
norabt

Postby mechanic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Most reproduction castings do not have the check door seperate. It is a good way to determine if it is an original or a repro. The other is slag marks on the inside corners of the castings where the metal burned through the mold.
mechanic

Postby MillJen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Mechanic - when you say "...have the check door separate" are you saying that the missing door is to be able to "check" on what's going on behind the door or "check" as in the type of coins that are not real money but the coins that have the holes in them.... called "checks" ? Or am I way off base as to what you are saying ? Sorry if I am so off base... still a newbie .... :lol:
MillJen

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Checks the jackpot operation.
oldslotman

Postby MillJen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Ohhh.... would that be true for most (all) machines that have that opening ? I noticed that behind the award card on a Castle Front that there was a panel (is it called something specific?) that could be opened and thought, why put a removable panel behind the award card when you could not see it....
MillJen

Return to Machines Wanted