Jennings club chief super delux

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings club chief super delux

Postby Bingobelle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 am

Hello
Almost new to this forum and now I need some help. I found a club chief and I know it is not a rare machine in the United states but since I live in sweden this is a very nice and scarce find.

Unfortnately it does not have matching numbers and the nickel plating does have more than wanted marks and imperfections.

But what to do when slots is very hard to found over here.

Anyway, serial number of cabinett is 178 575 and reel mechanism is 181793.

So my questions. What year can the cabinett be from and the reel mechanism acording to the serial numbers?

My biggest problem is that almost all the light parts are missing. The only part I have is the left "light gaurd" that the light bulbs are supposed to sit.

So transformator, all cable assembly, top bulbplate is missing and bulb holders for the reels. The main conection in the bottom is still there.

So, I would be very happy if someone have those parts for sale.

Further more I've not make up my mind if I'm going to re plate the fronts. Suggestions?

I will dissamble the cabinett and sand the wood and put on new laquer.

It seems to me that the escalotor and cointube and coinslides is for quarters. As the top sign says.

However on the tag it is handwritten 50 cent?
The machine have been running in swedish 1 krona coin and a american quarter and swedish krona is nearly identical so I guess thats why qaurter machines is most common here. No need for modification.

Hopefully someone have or can point me to someone thats have the missing parts to sale.

Sorry for bad english.

Best regards
Christian
Edit: The funel at the award card is still there and the"funel" for the reel lights.
So transformator, right frontgaurd, top "funel" and most cable connections, cable assembly and lightbulbs is missing.
See pictures.
Attachments
15164559763051047010954.jpg
15164558230081476055881.jpg
20180120_141532.jpg
20180120_114149.jpg
Bingobelle

Re: Jennings club chief super delux

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Christian
well that's a very nice SDX club chief you have there.
Firstly, I personally would not re plate, chrome looks reasonable, but many scratches and dings to live with.
If you cant live with them then re plate is the only answer!
all the parts you need are available on eBay.com from time to time.Set up a favourite search, thats what i do.

Good luck!
Nigel
Last edited by clubconsoles on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clubconsoles

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:56 pm

you are in luck, Christian.
Fred Abel in Las Vegas has them and he ships to Europe!
I have had stuff sent to the UK with no Problems from him.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jennings-Chine ... Swf15aWRgW
regards
nigel
clubconsoles

Postby Bingobelle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Wonderfull!
I will contact him
Thanks Nigel!
Bingobelle

Postby Bingobelle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:58 pm

What topcard should it be on this machine. Right now it is a sun chief topcard. Could a club chief come with this topcard from factory? Feels very incorrect.

Should it not be a club chief top card?

Next: this machine have 6 index fingers and besides the regular payouts and jackpot it also have tic tac toe feature and also mystery pay out.

How ever, the reelstrip v12-88 does not have tic tac toe written. Those reel strips have the classic bell fruit symbol for jackpot pay out.

So, what topcard to use? Personaly I think a normal club chief topcard with no tic tac toe symbols and instead I should have a extra sticker on the jackpot glass to inform the player that the machine have tic tac toe and mystery payout. Have seen those very nice stickers and the great thing is they have the bell fruit symbols when ilustrating tic tac toe and they also tell in text to look for extra mystery payout.

What do you guys think is correct?

By the way, I found the topcard and award cards on those jennings machine very confusing sometimes but I guess that on a lot of the pictures on the internet it is wrong cards on the machines.
Bingobelle

Postby Bingobelle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi

If someone could take a good picture of the inside of the cabinett of a club chief or sun chief with lights I would be very gratefull. as you can see a lot of stuff regarding the electric is missing and I would like to see how the original cables where routed and also where the fuse holders where located.

Would also be nice to see how the cables where routed from and to the transformer.

Thanks
Bingobelle

Postby oldslotman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 am

Hope this helps. Same machine you have
clubchief.JPG
oldslotman

Postby Bingobelle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

Thank you very much old slot man.

The only thing I do not see clearly is if it is a fuse holder above the transformer. I gues the thicker black cables goes into a fuse holder and a ground point. If possible a picture of that area would be very apreciated.

Other wise I guess I have a clear picture of how it should look to be as factory as possible.

Of course I could just make it work ( I work as a electrician ) but it is the look of "factory made" I´m after.

Thanks
Bingobelle

Postby oldslotman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 pm

The fuse is down in the cash box area. Fuse is before the transformer
club.JPG
oldslotman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions