Jennings Super Chief electrical problem

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jennings Super Chief electrical problem

Postby Yarder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 pm

I have a lighted Jennings Super Chief "Hacienda", with a top tower candle. I need help with a couple of things. I have an electrical issue. Recently none of the lights come on.

I think I have traced my electrical problem to the transformer. I have continuity coming in from the wall and past the first fuse. Then, I have continuity on the other side of the transformer, thru the fuse and on to the light paths. The bulbs are not blown.

Is the transformer something that wears out? I have what looks like the original transformer. Does anyone know the specs for me to order up a new one?

Also, inside the machine there are two contact switches. I did not really check them before my problem, but it looks like they were in the closed position. Since none of my lights work now, what do these two contact switches control? In tracing the wires, it looks like they go to the tower candle. Previously, the candle would light up continuously. I've opened the contacts. It looks like a function of the machine where an arm makes contact and closes the circuit.

Thanks from the new kid!
Yarder

Re: Jennings Super Chief electrical problem

Postby Yarder » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 am

Well, I figured out the general electrical problem. When plugged in the transformer actually made a humming sound. It was very low, so I had to stick my head inside the box to actually hear it. So, in checking the output side of the transformer, I was getting current to the fuse block. Then when I checked the output of the fuse block to the first connection, there was no power. So, it turns out that the wire out of the fuse block was broken. A little solder and voila, it all lights up again!

I think I might add a continuous bell to the jack pot circuit just for fun.
Yarder

Return to Slots