Payline alignment

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Payline alignment

Postby edgeCity » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 am

Makes sense . . . so here are reels one and two. How would you go about make the adjustments?

IMG_7453.JPG
edgeCity

Postby oldslotman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

You make adjustment when the reel bundle is all together. The adjustment on those two is done with the 2 bolts that hold it on the reel shaft. Leave the bolts loose then hold the reel where you want it and then you can line up the reel disc then tighten the bolts. Those two reels rotate on the shaft and are pretty easy to line up once you figure it out. You have to line up those two reel disc with the third one. These adjustments are done with reel bundle installed on the machine.
oldslotman

Postby marsonion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am

I'm seriously doubting this notion that the first two reels somehow went "off" while the third somehow stayed "on." Look at the payout-line picture again: it is shot at an unnaturally low angle. You can hardly see into the escalator window, for instance.

Added note: Here is a picture of the same machine, shot from a too-high but nevertheless more natural viewing angle. Do you still want to line everything up with the third-reel symbol--? [BTW slots are often photographed from weird angles to avoid a blinding back-flash reflected off the reel window, or worse, recording a goofy image of some guy holding a smartphone.]
Attachments
payline2.jpg
marsonion

Postby damikeguy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Once the real bundles are installed and aligned properly then the real strips will need to be aligned.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby edgeCity » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:50 pm

oldslotman wrote:You make adjustment when the reel bundle is all together. The adjustment on those two is done with the 2 bolts that hold it on the reel shaft. Leave the bolts loose then hold the reel where you want it and then you can line up the reel disc then tighten the bolts. Those two reels rotate on the shaft and are pretty easy to line up once you figure it out. You have to line up those two reel disc with the third one. These adjustments are done with reel bundle installed on the machine.

OK -- I'll give this a shot. Before I reassemble the bundle I'm going to clean off the (very) old grease from the disks, starwheels, and axle/axle housings. What lubricant should I use when I put the bundle back together?
edgeCity

Postby pb4sc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I personally would use 3 in 1 oil. Grease will gunk up over time, and I have heard that WD-40 is not that great either. Not sure why.

Phil
pb4sc

Postby Imyourcaptain » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Phil,

WD-40 tends to attract dust and eventually drys out. Great for cleaning just not lubricanting
Imyourcaptain

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions