Sega hightop slot machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Sega hightop slot machine

Postby Rickromero0078 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm looking at a mills high top for sale, I noticed SG on the mechanism, so I just want to confirm this is a sega?
Rickromero0078

Re: Sega hightop slot machine

Postby bikerjrn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm

The mech is a Sega,the whole machine is probably a Service Games machine out of Las Vegas.
bikerjrn

Postby Rickromero0078 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

I know penny high tops machines are hard to come by but being a sega is this less desirable?
Rickromero0078

Postby Anglobritish » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 am

Gabe Forman's 80th Birthday Aug 22 1997.jpg
Korwin Hailey-2.jpg
Korwin Hailey-2.jpg (3.2 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Sega Console Stand 1958.jpg
Service Games (Mills Parts Catalogue) -24.jpg
Service Games (Mills Parts Catalogue) -1.jpg
Hi,
Your machine is a Mills Bell-O-Matic, Service Games (Nevada) Inc, was the official Mills distributor in Nevada in 1958, the president was Korwin Hailey, at that time Service Games (Japan) was making the parts for the Mills Bell-O-Matic Corporation who had sold most of their assets to Sega, prior to that Mills Industries had sold a set of tooling to Service Games (Japan), Marty Bromley bought the company from Tony Mills who was the last surviving member of the Mills family. Your cabinet is the same one that was shipped to the U.K in 1958 to try to save the Mills company, it was distributed by Gabe Forman (Las Vegas Coin Ltd) who was sent over to the U.K by Tony "Ducks" Corolla head of a New York mob family.

I started out in the slot machine conversion business in 1958 and did the conversions for Gabe Forman, we became life long friends up till is death several years ago at age 82, one of the best characters I have ever known. The picture of the Watling Rol-O-Top cabinet was the one I presented to Gabe on his 80th Birthday

Freddy Bailey
Mills Bell-O-Matic for the U. K. 1959.jpg
Attachments
Gaby Forman with David Levy and Moyshe 80th Birthday 001.jpg
Service Games (Mills Parts Catalogue) -2.jpg
Anglobritish

Postby edgeCity » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 am

Rickromero0078 wrote:I know penny high tops machines are hard to come by but being a sega is this less desirable?

Penny machines are rare indeed. If you can pick this up for under a grand, awesome!
I own a Sega Diamond Star nickel slot, it's one of my favorite machines.
If it's desirable to YOU, that's all that matters!
. . . just my two pennies' worth!
edgeCity

Return to Slots