25¢ Mills Black Beauty Jackpot + 20

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: 25¢ Mills Black Beauty Jackpot + 20

Postby mechanic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish ! Sounds like you want to see if the jackpot is working properly.
mechanic

Postby aldiener » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi Mechanic,
The jackpot is definitely not working properly. I almost bought a replacement jackpot because I thought I had pieces missing on mine.
However it turns out that front / hand load jackpots look different than other ones. Thank to @RameGoom for posting photos of his
jackpot, which looks very similar to mine, I am hopeful that perhaps I can get my jackpot functioning again.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Amy
aldiener

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:31 am

Hi Aldiener
Well , it s better with your news photos !! :lol:

Now , we can say that all mechanism is complet ! No missing parts on Mech and jackpot, perfect !! =D>

The best way for help you , is that you need to know how your jackpot work!
Since you have an hand load ,jackpot ,it s very simple !!!

You have two position ( dont look the upper parts ,you don t need them on your slot !! )

-First ; the jackpot is closed (the coins stay in the jackopt):
Jackpot closed.jpg

-and the opened position (the coins Fallen) :
jackpot opened.jpg

-For open it , you need to push up this part !
jackpot for open it.jpg

-For close it , you need to push on up this part:
jackpot for close it.jpg

That s all , very simple !!
Try this ,don t forget to put some coin in your jackpot ,and tell me if it work !
If no ,We will investigated on the jackpot , if yes ,we will took more attention on the mechanism !

Stephane
gsx11r

Postby aldiener » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 am

Good day Stephane,
Thank you for your thoughtful response, including the markup of photos with suggestions for what to do.

For clarity, my jackpot is currently completely full. I only learned that my mechanism had an issue
when my son got 3 bell fruit and the jackpot did not empty / nothing occurred.

I wondered, does my mechanism possibly have a setting that turns off the jackpot payout feature?

I will pull the mechanism again and try to manually trip the jackpot. If this works, does that lever automatically
reset itself or do I need to do something? I have become very comfortable working on this machine. However,
I have zero familiarity with the jackpot and the screw to remove it is frozen and I fear doing something that will
make my existing issue worse (ie, my machine will cease functioning or the mechanism will not slide back in because I have
moved a lever on the jackpot).

I hope what I have written is clear.

Thank you again for your time and support.

Sincerely,
Amy

Jackpot 3 Outside Full.jpg
Jackpot 3 Outside View Full
aldiener

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 am

Amy ,
Now if you are sure about the first step on "how to fix a jackpot trouble" ,lets go to the second part ; the mechanism !

Put Something on the clock (like a cloth) for stop the fan .
Put a coin in the escalator and pull the handle.
At this time, the 3 reels will to rotate , and you can stop them in the 3 BAR position.
Remove the cloth ,like this ,the mech can finish his cycle. If alway no jackpot ,don t touch anything ,just remove the mech from the wood case, and check the coin slide !!
Send a photo of them !!!
See you to the next chapter.

Stephane
gsx11r

Postby mechanic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:14 am

I read the latest posts, seems Stephane has things in good order. He is very good. You should have the jackpot up and running fine in a short time. Good Luck !!
mechanic

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 am

I :oops: forget !
I need a photos of the coin slide when you have set to three bell fruit, and released to complete the cycle, like this view !
I know , it s not the same like your coin slide , but if you keep the same angle for take the photo ,that will be perfect !!
phoca_thumb_l_castel_front_17.jpg

And for be sure about the jackpot , all the part see on my photo are the same than your jackpot !Exept all the parts in red over this line (not present on Hand load jackpot).
jackpot hand load.jpg

And for be clear !
Push up the red part for open the jackpot:
jackpot for open it 2.jpg

And this red part for close the jackpot:
jackpot for close it 2.jpg

So Sorry , I can t make more clear since my English is really too at a low level !! :oops: :oops:

Stephane
gsx11r

Postby aldiener » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:54 am

Hi Stephane (and OldSlotMan),
Thank you for your efforts to help me with my Black Beauty Mills Jackpot issue. Big shout out to the oldslotsman who spent time on the phone with me
and helped me test out your suggestions. It turns out my mechanism works fine. The jackpot door lever on the right hand side appears to be frozen /stuck.
If that piece would move, all else might be in working order.

I appreciate your time, as well as everyone else on the forum, and efforts of support. I am so grateful for the gift of knowledge you all offer freely
to newbies like me.

Sincerely,
Amy
aldiener

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:09 pm

If you can t remove the jackopt , use a little of WD40 on the frozen part, wait a little and try to move it .
If this don t work , try again , , and if no way , no other solution to remove the complet jackpot .
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby aldiener » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi Stephane,
Your last set of photos are fantastic and provide the exact clarity I was seeking :-) Thank you!

Herb helped me to identify the tab in the second picture as well as the part in the third photo.

The part in the third photo is moving somewhat sluggishly but because the tab on the jackpot rightside
is stuck, I have no way of knowing if this sluggishness will prevent the jackpot from tripping.

I will keep you in the loop as i make further progress :-) Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,
Amy
aldiener

PreviousNext

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions