Mills Goosneck incorrect pay

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Goosneck incorrect pay

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am

Pays 2 coins on two cherries and plum, orange, or bar. This is correct.

Pays 4 coins on two cherries and bell or lemon (sometimes). The 4 pay is correct.

Pays 8 coins on two cherries and bell or lemon (sometimes). This is incorrect. Should only pay 4.

I have carefully checked the position of the bottom of the verticle fingers and they are correct, only touching the horizontal levers of the bottom two slides.

However, the horizontal lever for the third slide up ( the 8 coin pay) has disengaged from behind the third side. However the bottom of the verticle finger is no where near touching this lever. It seems like at times it just disengages on its own on what should be a 4 pay set up, thus paying out 8 coins.

The 3 oranges is correct pay of 8 coins.

Can't figure out what is going on to cause this one horizontal lever to disengage without being pushed by the a verticle finger.
Nick

Re: Mills Goosneck incorrect pay

Postby marsonion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Nick wrote:Pays 2 coins on two cherries and plum, orange, or bar. This is correct.

Pays 4 coins on two cherries and bell or lemon (sometimes). The 4 pay is correct.

Pays 8 coins on two cherries and bell or lemon (sometimes). This is incorrect. Should only pay 4.

I have carefully checked the position of the bottom of the verticle fingers and they are correct, only touching the horizontal levers of the bottom two slides.

However, the horizontal lever for the third slide up ( the 8 coin pay) has disengaged from behind the third side. However the bottom of the verticle finger is no where near touching this lever. It seems like at times it just disengages on its own on what should be a 4 pay set up, thus paying out 8 coins.

The 3 oranges is correct pay of 8 coins.

Can't figure out what is going on to cause this one horizontal lever to disengage without being pushed by the a verticle finger.

Sounds like a sticky horizontal finger to that third-from-the-bottom coin slide, as it may not always be returning to its proper reset position after an 8-coin (orange) payout. If it were me, I'd stop the clock to check the spring to that horizontal finger, and flick it back and forth several times from the rear to be sure it's got enough tension to reliably pull the HF back all the way every time. Horizontal finger springs tend to be very light, but if the spring is properly attached and tensioned it should encounter no resistance returning the finger to reset position; if it's balky, the finger itself might be gummy or bent, and needs to be set free.
marsonion

Re: Mills Goosneck incorrect pay

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks marsonion. I will check that out!

Nick
Nick

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions