Slots from Estate Sales?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Slots from Estate Sales?

Postby Vegasdaddy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Any suggestions for finding slot machines? I was thinking about estate sales... any experience with that. I got my first from Craigslist!
I love slots, coins and especially gold nuggets like those https://www.redollar.com/wp-content/uploads/australian-gold-nuggets.jpg - I love my vintage car, my gold dredge and hunting!
Vegasdaddy

Re: Slots from Estate Sales?

Postby capt7310 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 am

I had one experience with an estate sale.Bought a 1930's Mills Castle Front all original with slight damage to the top(easy fix) which did not effect the operation of the machine. Paid 400 bucks cash no percentage to anyone. The best was it had 56 bucks in nickels inside (no buffalo) but the people selling this persons stuff they didn't care anything about the item they just wanted it gone so nobody took the time to look inside. They wanted 500 I offered 400 because of the crack ...OK it's yours. I would defiantly do another. Anyway my 2 cents Good luck
Attachments
castle 8.jpg
capt7310

Postby radiorich123 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:55 am

Well you did great. I find these deals also but not very often. The auctions are getting very pricey and privet sales are the way to go. Good luck on your nice find.

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby Vegasdaddy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 am

I think that was a GREAT buy! My experience with estate sales - here in Colorado - is that they are way overpriced. My kids love estate sales and we go pretty regularly and most stuff is overpriced.

And the competition is crazy, too! One lady told me just recently that one guy spent the night in his car for buying porcelain - just for being the first person in line.
I love slots, coins and especially gold nuggets like those https://www.redollar.com/wp-content/uploads/australian-gold-nuggets.jpg - I love my vintage car, my gold dredge and hunting!
Vegasdaddy

Postby capt7310 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:50 am

I think I lucked out only because I got it in South Carolina were there "illegal" and the folks selling it had it in a back room closet. So I just happened to be the only one on the hook so it was a take and run. I was very excited I knew I scored. Here what it looks like now after I did some first time OK restoration.
Attachments
castle front fixed.jpg 2.jpg
capt7310

Postby cpdretired » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 am

We go to estate sales nearby. Zygmunt has connections to these companies from what I have been told at the sales near my location. Here is a really good nation wide site for estate sales.
https://www.estatesales.net/
cpdretired

Postby capt7310 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

Thank you I checked it out didn't realize how many estates sales are by me..I also have used MaxSold they also do auctions, you bid and win just go to the place and pick it up.
capt7310

Return to Just Chatting