Sure could use a little help

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Sure could use a little help

Postby tsparts4u » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am

Hi,
I have a problem with an early Pace Bantam. It's the one with a single jackpot, that has JAK POT on the front of the casting.
The machine that I have here for repair is a 10 cent machine. It is missing the top 4 coin jackpot slide. It is also apparently missing some linkage that would reset the jackpot. I have the coin tube. I just removed it, so as to better see the area where the parts are missing. What I am hoping for here, is that someone in the forum has a like machine, and would be kind enough to take a picture of the area on the mechanism where the trip for the jack pot is located on the top slide and what resets the jackpot.
I know that this is a reach, but if someone might have those parts as spares, and would be willing to sell them, I would be VERY appreciative. Pictures are below.
Thanks, for looking.
Jerry (tspart4u)
Attachments
MVC-210F.jpg
MVC-208F.jpg
tsparts4u

Re: Sure could use a little help

Postby jslots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Jerry, the top slide is a regular slide. The jackpot has a lever on the side which releases and resets the jackpot as the slides retract and reset forward. There is also an additional lock lever which holds the jackpot lever when the front door is opened so the mech can be removed without dumping the jackpot. Jim
jslots

Postby tsparts4u » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks for the info jslots. The jackpot slide (if I had one) is not anywhere near where the trip on the jackpot is. There is nothing there to trip or reset the jackpot.
I guess what they say is true though..........a picture is worth a thousand words, ha!
Best regards,
Jerry
tsparts4u

Postby tsparts4u » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 am

Jim,
I am not sure, but I think that you might be referring to a jack pot that is on a newer model Pace Bantam.
The Jack Pot that I have to work with is an early version that is much more simplified, than what I think you might be referring to. See the picture, lower of the two, that I have to work with as opposed to the newer, much more complicated Jack Pot.
Regards,
Jerry
Attachments
MVC-214F.JPG
MVC-215F.JPG
tsparts4u

Postby jslots » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Jerry, there are at least three different versions of the early Bantam single jackpot trips I have seen over the years. From your picture, yours could be one of the first two. One had a "L" bracket screwed on to the side of the top slide and used additional trip lever , the second had a hooked lever attached to top slide and use additional trip lever, the third had the basic trip/rest lever on the jackpot that went in front of the slides, which was the start of the newer version.Attached is a picture of the first style slide attachment.I might have some other picts on file somewhere. I will look in my bantam parts in the warehouse and see if by chance I have any of the parts. Jim
Attachments
DSCN0427.JPG
jslots

Postby tsparts4u » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks for the picture Jim. It sure is VERY much appreciated. I was thinking that it would have to look something like that. Now, I just have to find a 10 cent slide to get it to work. I have some slides, but I don't think there are any Pace slides in the bunch.
Best regards,
Jerry
tsparts4u

Return to Slots