Mills Vest Pocket jackpot payout

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Vest Pocket jackpot payout

Postby orangevw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:54 pm

I recently purchased this Mills Vest Pocket slot. The highest payout on the award flap is 70. I’ve been searching online and have not seen another like it. Is this considered a jackpot version?

Thanks!
Attachments
B3EB6A07-66BD-41D4-AF01-E2C7E7993647.jpeg
orangevw

Re: Mills Vest Pocket Slot jackpot?

Postby randyvw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 am

my 1c with valley sales jackpot mounted to the base says jackpot under the 3 bars, and my 25c chrome one says 20 under the 3 jackpot symbols. i got a call out to ray d. to get his opinion, he's the expert on vest pockets......among others.
randyvw

Postby randyvw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm

some of them actually had a "plus" symbol on the top of the award card....which meant that there was a "agreement" with the bartender that you could get a certain amount of EXTRA coins when the jackpot was hit. this was done during the war, because they weren't paying out enough to entice people to play them.
randyvw

Postby orangevw » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

It will be interesting to hear what he says. I was searching last night again and I can’t find another. How many nickels will a pocket slot hold?
orangevw

Postby randyvw » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 pm

after talking to ray, there would be no way to hold 70 coins, unless it was a dime...but they never made dimes. so, either it would be an agreement ahead of time that you would be handed the extra coins across the bar, or if it had a valley sales jackpot bolted on underneath it, those were a handload jackpot, so that would be conceivable ....but he has never seen that award card, and he's had many dozens of them. i asked "what if valley sales made these with 70 just for that purpose". he says no, but those valley sales jackpots are VERY hard to find, so i wouldn't rule that out too quickly. i hope others will chime in here.
randyvw

Return to Slots