Davel? Jokers Wild

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Davel? Jokers Wild

Postby capt7310 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi, was at an estate sale and this machine was selling, it wasn't working they were at 300 bucks so after explaining to the "head estate seller" it doesn't work and I'm willing to give you 75 bucks and cart your garbage away I got it for 75 bucks, thought it was kinda cool. Anyway got it home and it has this crazy mercury bulb that came off the pull arm and when I hooked it back up the thing lit up and worked, but sure made a lot of noise. So now I'm trying to find any info on it and possible owners manual. Thanks
Attachments
Jokers Wild.jpg
capt7310

Re: Davel? Jokers Wild

Postby mechanic » Sun May 12, 2019 7:08 pm

No idea who made this but you are correct it does make a lot of noise. I had two many years ago and found most of the time the mini relays were bad. Once replaced they worked fine. I see the cashbox door is plexi. It should be cast metal with the four suits embossed on the front. Just something to look for.
mechanic

Re: Davel? Jokers Wild

Postby capt7310 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:13 am

Thanks, Had a couple of Bally's back in the day and wasn't fond of them because of the relays and solenoids. I know the micro switch for the coin drop does squat, no click when the dime drops, everything else seems to work OK other than it sounds like a metal crusher. I did find a quick video on you tube and it listed it as a Davel, but I'm not sure either..It will keep me busy ...
capt7310

Return to Just Chatting