November morphy auction

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

November morphy auction

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Is anyone on here going to the pre auction viewing on here?
I need a few pics of a slot mechanism.
Morphy will not do this,its Crazy, all they have to do is slide it out the case??

Willing to pay a small fee.
Please PM for lot Details

Thank You

Nigel George
clubconsoles

Re: November morphy auction

Postby randyvw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:54 pm

which machine are you trying to buy?.......lol!
randyvw

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 am

I would hope that if a member of this forum is going, they would let you know and be happy to help with no charge at all.
What mechanism do you need photos of (maybe someone has it in their collection)?
nvmos2

Postby randyvw » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 pm

i would hope he isn't putting that info out here in a public forum. at an auction, you want as few people as possible to know what you'll be bidding on. he DOES need an I/M from someone going, so he can ask ONE person to do it. i know from talking to him, he has some very nice machines. i know if i was still going, i wouldn't want anybody but possibly close friends to know what I wanted to bid on. i would happily do it for him if i was still going, but that's too far from home for me, and those damn added fees, and them restraining orders......
randyvw

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Randy
Thanks for your kind words, shame you cannot go.
If it was still in Las Vegas in the warm fall weather, I would be there myself.
Denver PA is a tough one from the UK, probably best to fly into Philidelphia, but its then still a long trek.
Too much for me, im afraid!

No Private messages offers so far, Dave Buritt is not going, so kinda hoping someone else can step in??

Those who know me from facebook will know exactly which machine i am after!
clubconsoles

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:06 am

anyone help ??
clubconsoles

Postby randyvw » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:54 am

i just don't understand something here. you are interested in BUYING the machine you want pictures of, no? surely you conveyed that to whoever you talked to at morphy's, right? i mean,if you said you just want pictures so you could fix a like machine you already have, then i would understand their unwillingness to take those pics. but if it makes you more inclined to buy the machine, i would think they would be more than willing to send those pics to you. did they know who you were when you asked them? did you ask a person "in charge"....a higher-up guy? if you really are interested in buying it, why not go higher-up to ask why they can't do that for a "good customer". i don't know you that well, but it seems to ME that you ARE that good customer. maybe larry can answer your question WITHOUT pictures? i just can't help but wonder if they shot themselves in the foot moving away from vegas. i know if I wanted to sell you a high-end machine, i would be sending you LOTS of detailed pictures, as far away as YOU are. maybe there's something wrong with that mech they won't send pics of?
randyvw

Postby clubconsoles » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am

Randy
You are right, i spent good money in 2017 and 2018.
I dont like to make a fuss, so i just emailed them on the info @morphyauctions email.
I think i will call them.
If i was consigning that machine i would be furious that they refusing to email extra pictures to online bidders.
I will call them today as i want to buy said machine.
Many Thanks
clubconsoles

Postby randyvw » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:15 am

the way you were TRYING to do it was the best way...not let them know you want it.....now they will know, and that can be a bad thing. many years ago i took a machine to a local auction. i knew the auctioneer, as i had been to a few of his auctions. i asked him to either get me 1300 for the machine, or i would take it home when auction was over. he said "no problem". i watched from the back of the room, and when i saw one guy bid 1350, i knew the bidding was ended. imagine my surprise when a bid showed up for 1450, and then this guy bids 1550, and gets it.......there was nobody else BIDDING against him! so afterward i asked jack, "why did you bid against him, when my target was reached already?". i KNEW how bad he wanted it", he said. "he looked the machine over, inside and out, and i knew he would go the higher amount".....the auctioneer was the only one bidding against him. so i get my 1300, minus commision, and he got the rest. so it cost that guy 250 extra for "showing his cards"..... ever see an auctioneer" back up, where was my LAST bidder"....that's what would have happened if the guy DIDN'T go for the 1550....backtrack to that 1350 bid,...he "can't remember who was bidding 1450", so sells it for 1350. i'm not saying morphys does that, but i am saying it was a wakeup call to ME to know how dishonest they CAN be. it shaped how i approach auctions for the rest of my life, and iv'e seen many dirty tricks in the last 30 years since.
randyvw

Postby clubconsoles » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks Randy
Yes this happens in the UK, we call it "chanderlier bidding", as in auctineer looking at at the ceiling in room lol!
i asked them for pics week ago so they already knew.
I have a limit that i wont go over, no matter what.
Plenty of other nice machines in the auction anyway!
Thanks for your help though!
clubconsoles

Next

Return to Just Chatting