Auto notification of new machines being advertised

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Auto notification of new machines being advertised

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:29 pm

Want to be notified by email every time a new machine is listed?

Click on "Watch this forum for posts" towards the bottom left of the screen which displays all the current topics.

NOTE: This is different than clicking on "Watch this topic for replies" as that refers to the particular topic you are reading.

When someone posts a new topic you will be immediately notified of the subject and the body of the message.

Using this feature means you will never have to come to the forum to see if a new machine has been advertised and you will be notified almost immediately when a machine is listed.

If you want to be notified for all the different categories (machines wanted, machines for sale, etc.) you will need to go to each forum and select "Watch this forum for posts".
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Ric Gandy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:36 am

Dave - Another nice feature of the forum. Unfortunately, I can't find the place to activate it. I see the "mark all forums read", but I am not sure that is what you are talking about. On a side note, Keith Morris just joined the prewar pinball group and said he learned about it on the forum. This thing is starting to work. Ric Gandy
Ric Gandy

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:23 am

Ric Gandy wrote:Dave - Another nice feature of the forum. Unfortunately, I can't find the place to activate it. I see the "mark all forums read", but I am not sure that is what you are talking about. On a side note, Keith Morris just joined the prewar pinball group and said he learned about it on the forum. This thing is starting to work. Ric Gandy

I think a lot of people can't figure it out. Last night I went into the database to see how many people had auto-notification turned on. Not that many.

Therefore, I enabled it for everyone currently registered (they can always turn it off). In addition, when a new user joins they will automatically be configured to be notified when new posts are added.

Now, back to your question.

First of all you need to be logged in with your username.

Assuming you are logged in, go to one of the forums (e.g. Machines For Sale).

From there you should see a list of topics. Down towards the bottom, on the left side, you should see either "Stop Watching this Forum" or "Start Watching This Forum".

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Auto notification of new machines being advertised

Postby midohioslotmachines » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 am

Dave: can not find the" watch this forum for posts" or watch this forum for topics on the left side towards bottom? Can you please help me. thanks :)
midohioslotmachines

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

midohioslotmachines wrote:Dave: can not find the" watch this forum for posts" or watch this forum for topics on the left side towards bottom? Can you please help me. thanks :)

Scroll to the very bottom of the page.

You should see "Subscribe forum (or topic)" with a check box next to it. If it is checked you are subscribed, if not then you are unsubscribed.

To change your option just click on it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Bob K » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Dave,
I don't see it either, but I'm at work so this browser might not show that feature.
Bob K

Postby Bob K » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:44 am

Can't find it at home either. Here is a screen shot.
Attachments
coin op page.JPEG
Bob K

Postby TheFatman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:56 am

Un-mark the little X in the window by "Unsubscribe Topic" that will enable it for you to follow the topic.
TheFatman

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 am

It is there in the image you sent.

Look at the very bottom in the blue shaded area. The checkbox next to unsubscribe topic is checked. This indicates you are already subscribed to the topic. If you click on "unsubscribe topic" then you will be unsubscribed.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Bob K » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Duh...I was looking for "Stop Watching this Forum" or "Start Watching This Forum". Old age is getting to me. Lol
Bob K

Next

Return to Machines For Sale