A find that came out of a pub in Wyandotte Mi. Some time ago

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

A find that came out of a pub in Wyandotte Mi. Some time ago

Postby damikeguy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm

From what I was told from the gentleman I purchased this from, his grandfather owned a pub on the river in Wyandotte Mi. One evening this 25 cent machine and nickle machine just like had to be removed from the pub. [-X They ended up in his grandparents basement. Him and his brother wired up the coin detect and emptied all the coins out of both machines. He was around 6 or 8 years old at the time. The reel stip glass has a BB hole in it from him and his brother playing in the basement. They still played them a every once and a wile even though they were empty. The machines were moved to his parents house after the grandparents passed. When his parents passed he found this machine that he had forgot about all wrapped up in there basement. He has no idea what happened to the nickle twin. It plays good. All of the glass will need to be replaced except the jackpot. Need a back door lock and a key made for the cash box.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mike
damikeguy

Re: A find that came out of a pub in Wyandotte Mi. Some time

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:56 pm

nice find!
congratulations.
it's always nice to hear the story behind the machine.
a machine with a good story is a lot cooler than, "OH, I BOUGHT IT OFF EBAY".
the thrill of the hunt, and the capture is is a part of the excitement of this hobby.
Midcoast Vintage

Return to Fantastic Finds