Page 1 of 2

Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 5:50 am
by damikeguy
I am looking for a Watling cycling handle. For cycling the machine out of the case.This is a picture of one kind I found on FleBay. The seller does not ship to the US.
Thanks, Mike

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 2:44 pm
by mazzeosa17
Instead of buying a slot machine mechanism operating bar, I just made one out of a piece of steel from the hardware store. One of the holes at the bottom is of a smaller diameter, for Mills and Jennings slots, while the other is for Watling slots. I drilled out the holes in the bar for those diameters. See photo.
Sal

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 3:08 pm
by CoinOpNut
Mike - I have an original WATLING mech servicing tool that I'd sell. Cast iron with a screw that allows you to secure it to the mech while working. Has Watling Mfg cast into the handle. Drop me an email if you'd like a photo/details. -John coinopgeek@gmail.com

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 4:19 pm
by flyingfred
Mike, If you do not decide to take the handle from John, I would be interested. I an NOT trying to start a bidding war. Fred

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 6:55 am
by damikeguy
John,
Email sent.

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 6:57 am
by damikeguy
Sal,
Thanks for the picture. I just might go that way depending on price.

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 11:18 am
by CoinOpNut
Mine is still available - Mike acquired a handle. -John

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 4:37 pm
by bkrsdoz
Someone was making reproductions of these original Watling cycling tools.
They were made out of aluminum, and you had to drill and tap the thumbscrew thread to complete the handle for use.
I have seen a couple on Ebay, but it's been a while.

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:26 am
by oldslotman
IMG_3054.jpeg
IMG_5650.jpeg
IMG_5649.jpeg
ΓΌ. Here is a couple pictures of one that I made

Re: Watling cycling handle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 6:06 am
by damikeguy
Ya I mss having a shop to work in.