Page 1 of 1
Need knob for "Best Hand" trade stim.

Posted:
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 am
by dat2disc
KNOB wanted for the Daval "BEST HAND" Trade Stimulator. Can be with, or without, the decal saying "TURN SLOW" (but would prefer it be with). A suitable replacement knob would be ok for temporary use but would prefer original. Needed by about August 20th, 2012.
THANKS!
Re: Need knob for "Best Hand" trade stim.

Posted:
Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 pm
by ozymandias
Good luck finding an original or a replacement 8-lobed knob for the Best Hand. These frequently are broken and missing a lobe or two. Sometimes you can find a 6-lobed black plastic knob about the same size at good harware supply store, they are used to make jigs. If you do luck into any originals or exact repros, let me know, my Mexican Baseball or my Oomph has a lobe missing, it's not real distracting, but a whole one would be nice. Do you have a partial knob now, or is it missing completely?
Re: Need knob for "Best Hand" trade stim.

Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am
by dat2disc
Hi there,
I have a partial knob.....about 3/4 of it is still attached, and one "chunk" was wrapped in tape by the movers who broke it (without tell me).....We don't have the greatest hardware stores here but I'll give a look around. If I find something similar that will fit that shaft to which it attaches, I'll get back to you as well! Please do the same for me if you have any luck! I took a photo of the broken knob and took it around, plus emailed it to several people and had no luck so maybe this route will work.
All the best!