Page 1 of 1

Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:57 pm
by gamblingman
These castings were included by mistake in an order I recently received from the foundry. I called them and they said they already replaced the missing pieces, and told me to throw them in the trash. I wont throw them away, but before they go into the "unknown" bin, I thought I would check to see if anyone knew what they are, or if anyone needs them.

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 pm
by marsonion
gamblingman wrote:These castings were included by mistake in an order I recently received from the foundry. I called them and they said they already replaced the missing pieces, and told me to throw them in the trash. I wont throw them away, but before they go into the "unknown" bin, I thought I would check to see if anyone knew what they are, or if anyone needs them.


Just a shot in the dark-- could these be crown castings for penny scales similar but not identical to a Pace Bantam or Aristo?

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm
by gamblingman
Good shot, but I'm thinking they are for something else. Those look more like the top is cast in one big piece. With the lip on the bottom the way it is, they almost look like they would fit into another casting, such as the top of a slot or trade stimulator. I've seen the design somewhere, but just can't remember where. Maybe I will see something at the coin-op show that will ring a bell.

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm
by cpdretired
I don't recall any trade stimulator with a casting like this.

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:14 pm
by SLOT DYNASTY
How about this shot-in-the-dark. Call the foundry, and ask them to ask the person that they originally belonged to, what they are for. Problem solved!

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 pm
by gamblingman
Tried that...they couldn't remember who they did them for, and they had no idea what they were off of. No biggie, I just thought I would throw them out there in case anyone knew what they were or had a need......I would rather pass them along as a freebee than leave them in a corner.