Page 1 of 1

Columbia Mech top Casting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 pm
by nvmos2
Image.jpg
Image.jpg


I am looking for the top casting for a Columbia standard Slot Machine mechanism.
It is the casting between the coin carousel and the reels.
The carousel is attached atop it and the payout detection finger slide is attached to the front of it.
If you have a good one on a parts mechanism, please advise.
The photo shows a broken one that needs replacement.

Re: Columbia Mech top Casting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 am
by dsimon
Did you ever have any luck finding any Columbia parts?

Dave

Re: Columbia Mech top Casting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 am
by terick2104
Check with Bud Gott - Mn. [651] 452-5277

Re: Columbia Mech top Casting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 am
by nvmos2
Yes…..no longer looking for this part.
I'm sorry; I should have posted a note to close out this thread.

Thanks to TJ of this forum who has the part and offered it to me.
And thank you terick2104; someone else also reminded me of Bud G. ("Mr. Columbia") and I contacted him a week ago;
he also has a few of these parts left; I met him years ago and had forgotten all about his stash of parts.

Actually, the guy who is restoring the machine was able to repair the part and it should hold up well.
I am probably too quick to discard a part that may still be useable; with the dwindling supply of parts,
we should try and save anything that still has service life left in it.