Page 1 of 2
Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm
by TheFatman
Looking for drawings or other paperwork on this machine. I just picked it up and it works fine and is a virgin "barn" find. Never been restored with all parts present. Even the original decal is in great shape along with the finish and paint.
Dave
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 pm
by fast_in_muskoka
what , no pics ?
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:06 pm
by SLOT DYNASTY
Yes.........Pics..........We want to see it in all it's 'years-of-glory' in the barn, before you even
take a damp rag to the dust. If it is as nice as you say, DO NOT Restore it. Just clean it up, with
a bit of TLC.
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm
by TheFatman
Pic to follow as soon as I get a chance to take them. I have no plans to strip the cabinet, remove the paint or do anything to the mech except lube it. I do need to get keys made for it and clean up a little corrosion, and replace the glasses as you will see. Still has the original cash box and the little label in the cabinet about the locking clips. The vendor parts are all there but when released, the knob is seized up. So I will need to work on that, hope to find original mints in there too, but I doubt it.
Dave
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 pm
by TheFatman
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:16 pm
by Midcoast Vintage
looks like a nice, straight original.
definitely to clean to restore.
there are a few variations on the duchess.
some have a large "little duke" type coin entry.
some have vendor doors with view windows.
some top castings have "STAR BRAND" where yours have the "ODJ" LOGO.
I THINK THE ODJ LOGO, AS YOURS HAS IS RARER, AT LEAST HERE IN THE MIDWEST, AS MOST OF THE DUCHESS MACHINES I HAVE HAD, AND SEEN AROUND HERE ARE THE STAR BRAND ONES.
the odj ones in my opinion are cooler looking.
nice find.
is there an interesting story to go with this machine?
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:09 pm
by altort
Was this the one at Morphy's auction this past Sunday lot 1080? Nice machine I was going to bid on that one my self.
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 am
by fast_in_muskoka
Very nice !
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 am
by TheFatman
Thanks for the compliments for this machine, I feel I was lucky to get it. Yes ... it was a Morphys piece and I was amazed on how the value of machines have dropped. I had 3 machines myself there and they all brought well below what I felt they would bring. Bidder 2000 got some great buys who ever he was. I called it a "Barn" find because I didnt know of any other terms to describe the machines condition better than that. I bet there is a great story behind this machine but I dont know it. But for a machine to be left that much intact, the story has to be interesting. I will live up to our COPS code as to keep this as intact as I can in its resurrection, doesn't need much, work well as far as the reels payout and general operation. Still need to either pick the locks or try to get to them from the inside of the cabinet so I can get keys made for them. They wont be replaced, only have new keys made for the original locks. I am even going to have the glass replaced with the laminated glass to keep it as original as i can. I will keep posting pics as I progress with it, will take quite some time since I am in no hurry and I love the journey and want it to last.
Dave
Re: Jennings Dutchess

Posted:
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 am
by nvmos2
Very Nice!
Have you already got the Little Duke to keep her company?
Nobody should have one without the other.