Page 1 of 1
Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of coi

Posted:
Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 am
by Jackpot
Hi There,
I am working on a Jennings mechanism right now and I think it is out of a Jennings Silver Moon or Bobtail of 1941 as it has the coin rejecter type of coin accepter mechanism attached to the reel mechanism. I need photos of a working mechanism, on the one I am working on, the coin goes through the coin mechanism just fine so no problems there, but when it enters the neck of the mechanism it drops right on thou and doesn't stop in front of the coin detector pin and just drops into the coin tube. I think this mechanism must be missing some levers or something so some good photos would really help!
If you have one of these machines and can email some photos of the coin acceptor and neck below it, I could now for sure if I am missing some parts on this unit. Photos of this mechanism that I am working on are attached here.
Thank You!
Jackpot

Click on the photos to enlarge them.
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Sun May 11, 2014 1:08 pm
by flipper77
Here are both sides from my Jennings Silver Moon console. If not close enough or not right angle/detail, I could pull the mech. I have had some problems in past with the coin detection and feed but working smoothly and fine now. Hope this helps,
Flip
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Sun May 11, 2014 2:05 pm
by Jackpot
THANK YOU KIND SIR! and very heavy on the thank yous for taking the time to take photo's and post them for me! This helps a ton! In you photo jeg18 I can't really see if there is something missing as that tin coin funnel in front and on the left is right in the way of what I was hoping to see. BUT.....In your photo Jpg17 I can see a major problem I have, the coin holding levers "arm" (would you call this a 2nd coin lock out lever maybe?) on my machine its arm is under the tilt weight, and on yours is located over it, so that could be very well what is wrong with this thing. I'll change that and see what happens and I will come back and let you know if this makes a difference for me, I really think this could do it as I have removed this leaver and messed with it a few times with no change, but when it came in for repair, that 2nd coin lock out arm was under the tilt weight and not above like yours is, so I just put it back under when I put it back together. There just is not anything in print for showing details on this type of coin rejector machine to look at, so you have really help me on this. I hope there is not also not something missing in front, where your coin funnel is covering it, as it kind of looks in your photos, to have something in that area that doesn't show up in my photos.
Thank You!!!!
Jackpot
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 am
by Jackpot
Flipper77
Could you help me out once again? Please........................
I fixed that one part which was only the second coin lock out so that is not really needed and was not the problem. After looking closely at your photo's I can see that I am missing something, and I can see it in you photos 18 & 19, when I look to the bottom left inside your left coin slide. I am adding two photo that show the area of where this part is missing on this machine. You will see a slot going horizontal in the photo, it is also just below my finger in the photo. It would really help to know what this part looks like so I know what to start looking for or what I need to make to replace it. I really hate to ask you for more help but you have the means to help me know what this part looks like and were it attaches so I can fix this darn thing. Thank you in advance and If I can return the favor I'll be glad to.
Thank You
Jackpot
Remember you can click on the photo to enlarge it.
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Mon May 12, 2014 12:38 pm
by flipper77
Playing my machine, I see the pin that stops the nickel and then pulls back to drop the coin on play. Hard to get pictures of that area to see how the pin is mounted and actuated. Here is a close up of area first with no coin played and then with a nickel in place. When handle is pulled the pin pulls back and the nickel drops/is pushed down. And last three are the back side of that area. I am holding the weight aside to see in but still hard to make out the mounting.
Flip
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Thu May 15, 2014 1:14 pm
by Jackpot
Hi Flipster,
I want to thank you again, with your help I got this job done! The brass arm that swings behind the coin head has a pin in the end of it that is a coin holding pin, when looking at the back and the end of this arm it looks solid, and when looking at it you would never know that it had a pin on the other side. So after seeing you photos and the coin being help by what looked like a pin, I removed this arm and took a look at it, sure enough, it had a hole in it and there was no pin. So, I made a pin and added it to the arm and now…..All works just great! This should have been easy to fix but not working on the Jennings consoles like the Bobtail before, the different coin in mechanisms and the way they work had me at a loss for what was going on with this one. You just would never know that there was a pin missing, and you could not see where it would be until I took it all apart again. Thank you, and I added some photos so you can see the fix for this one.
Thank You
Jackpot

Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm
by flipper77
Jackpot - glad that I could be of small assistance. That is very good trouble-shooting and in-the-field improvising on your part. Other members have helped me in the past and glad that I could return the favor. Now if you only had a 1928 era Watling four column mint vendor - I am missing a linkage that the mech trips to enable the vendor to vend. Would be easy to fabricate a part if I only had a picture!
Flip
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Fri May 16, 2014 1:41 pm
by Jackpot
Sorry, I don't have a 1928 era Watling four column mint vendor but you can bet I'll be looking for one to get a look at this vending linkage part that you need. If and when, you will hear from me for sure, unless someone here reads this and can help you with that, as you know, it worked for me Flip!
Thanks again
Jackpot
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Fri May 16, 2014 2:41 pm
by flipper77
Stephane helped me greatly. But appreciate your comments. Glad to be of assistance and hope I can help if you need a picture or idea on a future project. I have five machines in my queue right in rough shape including a Jennings Light Up that scares me - not good with electricity! Thanks! Flip
Re: Jennings consoles 1941 Silver Moon or Bobtail: Photos of

Posted:
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 am
by oldslotman
Does anyone have any pictures of a jennings bobtail console. I need some pictures of the cabinet. Front and both sides.