Jar for Jenning Favorite needed

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Jar for Jenning Favorite needed

Postby mrblatzman » Wed May 14, 2014 7:26 am

I have done something that I hope doesn't prove to be too stupid....it certainly would not be the first time....I have purchased one of these and the glass for the gumballs is no longer with it...All of the mounting stuff appears to still be here....Was this jar ever reproduced or is there another something from something that can be used in its place? I appreciate any assistance, and Ill probably have another question or so as this project moves forward....Thankyou all Bob Reno in Fort Payne Alabama
mrblatzman
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Jar for Jenning Favorite needed

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed May 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Bob:
I wish that I had an easy solution to your problem, but I don't. No one that I know of, has ever reproduced the glass product containers
for the Jennings "Favorite". Nor is there any other glass, (or even plastic) container, that I have ever seen, that would work. It is a very
odd shape, which has to be slightly under the inside width of the case, because of the viewing windows on both sides, and very thick. If
a glass blower were to make one, they would have to start with a thick Pyrex container. The jar is opened on the top & bottom as well.
Hopefully you have all the vending mechanism & bracketry, in case someone ever does make the jar. Do you have the metal fantail that
goes down the inside center of the jar? I will do some asking-around, to other restorers, to see if anyone has ever had one made.
Bill
User avatar
SLOT DYNASTY
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am
Location: S.F. Bay Area & San Mateo County, California

Re: Jar for Jenning Favorite needed

Postby mrblatzman » Sat May 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks for your reply, Bill...I get email notices regarding replies on this Forum, but did not get this one....so I am just now seeing it...I do have all of the gum mechanism including that metal thing than hung inside the jar...The only mechanical item I seem to be missing is the round copper colored looking rod that releases the scoring pennies on the bottom of the playfield...I have the little short part that goes from front to back, but not the up and down piece with the v shaped section in it...coin box is missing too...Front lock is a dummy....Shipping damage caused the corners of the casting, the horizontal one that has the words... the favorite....to crack where they go under the vertical side pillars...The damage is in the flat undecorated part so I guess it can be repaired.....or maybe someone has that casting.....It just arrived today and was not as well packaged as I would have liked it to be....It was a very nice example of this model when retired years ago....Just what I need something else incomplete to hunt parts for, but it does occupy my days....Trying to finish my Reel Spot..Ill sent you the number of it and the Favorite too...Kind Regards Bob
mrblatzman
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am


Return to Parts WANTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest