Page 1 of 1

Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 am
by Daddyfrank7660
Hello, I have a few of theses machines I just purchased. Hoping to to bring them back to functioning, working statice. I know they are made by victor vending corp. Chicago 39, I'll Manly because, That is printed across the lower front of the machine. The same as a 5 star grand & some others etc...... My problem is I can't fine a picture of this machine in a functioning working, all together situation. But I also can't fine a picture of it at all. So I don't know what the globe looks like. I have all parts of these machines other than the globe & the flap that stops the item from hitting the floor.

If anyone has a picture or information that will help me know what this machine actually looks like. Please let me know. I would very much appreciate any help offered to me. I have searched on line for hours, if not days trying to fine said information. It seems as if this machine does not exist. If I did not see it in front of my own face I would think it does not.

I am uploading a few pictures of it together as it would be. I also took a few pictures of individual parts w/tape so you would have an idea of its size.

You can also look, if you would like at the pictures from the listing on eBay that I purchased them from. Here is the eBay listing number 310955825285



Thank you
Frank

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm
by nvmos2
Victor 2000;
plastic globe;
see page 195 Silent Salesman Too.

EDIT ADDED: If you don't have access to SS Too, you can pull up a couple images by doing a Google search for "Victor 2000 gumball."

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 pm
by Daddyfrank7660
Thank you. I googled the name after you gave it to me & a half dozen came up with pictures. But the machine that is pictured never came up in a group of victor pictures before this. I still don't see many, with now even having the name. I don't dare use the term "REAR" when I asked this. Because I don't want Bill to hunt me down. Ha ha. But are these fairly scarce machines. I know the globes are. Also do you have any idea as to the value of a complete machine in fair condition.

Sincere thanks
Frank

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 pm
by TheFatman
I agree ... " REAR" would not be a good term. Maybe "RARE" would be a better one.
Dave F

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm
by SLOT DYNASTY
OK Fellas:
Talk about "hunting someone down"! This is what I came up with.

You want something 'Rear', Oops!, I mean "RARE"..........Give this chap a call:
Scott Tidball - Franklinton, NC (919) 494-1322 aka (a!gumballs). He may have,
or know where you can find the globes you need for your 2000. I also noticed
in my searchings, that there is more than one model with the 2000 number,
and they had different globes.
Hopefully Scott does not tell you that yours is the "RARE" model, and the globe
is not available. It appears to be a plastic globe, which you may find someone
that can make them for you, is all else fails. Good luck.
Bill

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:14 pm
by Daddyfrank7660
Sorry guys I did not know spelling & grammar was a must to joining this forum. Ha

This IPad seem to change words on me sometimes & put what it thinks is best. They call it spell correction. But I must say it's smarter than I am.

Thanks for pointing it out for me though.

Re: Hi can anyone help me identify this victor vending machi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:47 pm
by RastusB3
Yes, it is a Victor 2000, ((based on the fact it can hold 2000 gumballs ?))
I have one. and If you don't find what you need, as far as pictures are concerned. I can take pictures of mine.
As far as I can tell, you can use parts from the oak Baby Grand units.