by SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:36 pm
Hi Stan:
Wish I could help you with the paper for your "Gypsy Fortune Teller", but it is one that I never did.
I sold the one I had, several years ago, but never thought to do the card beforehand, which is not like me.
It doesn't hurt to ask though, because I do have several cards and strips, that are not in my catalog. Most
are specialty items, that are for machines that are few in numbers. There were some items that I decided
not to list, because those type of items are now getting into the wrong hands, to make up Fantasy machines.
It all started many years ago, when I did the reel strips & cards for the Groetchen "Tavern", of which there
wasn't but a half dozen originals known at the time. Then all of a sudden, one particular individual, had
ordered 13 sets over a short period, and I found out 'not soon enough', that they were being used in the
made-up Phoneys, and would no longer sell Anything to that person again. But he copied my repros anyway,
and still uses them to this day. Even putting them in machines they never came in. He has also had Phoney,
made-from-scratch Baseball strips and cards made for him, that never came in any machines, to use in all
his Fantasy creations. Mainly in what were at one time, perfectly good original machines. ALL FOR GREED!
It does appear that more word is getting around about his Phoney Crap, as the sales on ebay have slowed
down considerably. But they'll just end up at a VCA auction, or at the Chicago show.