Page 1 of 1
Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machine

Posted:
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm
by fazool
WANTED: The following parts or a source for a 1960's Electronic Jennings Galaxy Slot Machine.
1. Accumulator Add Coil
2. 9 Pay out Wafer Switches
Any help in finding these or a supplier would be greatly appreciated!!
Many Thanks in advance!!!
Jon
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:46 pm
by TheFatman
I just sold one of these and of course didnt get the info on the coils. If you can provide me pics of the coil and the switches, I might be able to help.
Dave F
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:47 pm
by TheFatman
This machine looks better if you use the black light in the reel area.
Dave F
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:07 pm
by fazool
Hi,
Many thanks for your response!!! The machine is at a repair technician's shop who is also a forum member. I forwarded your initial reply to him. Thanks on the black light tip. Never thought of that, I bet it looks great! I'm looking for a full mechanical 10 cent Galaxy with jackpot if you know of anything available please let me know.
Thanks again!!!
Be well!
Jon
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:34 am
by radiorich123
Looking for these parts.The coil is jennings part #V20-299
Rich
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 am
by TheFatman
I see the type of coil and sleeve, but really need to know size. I have n the past when I can t find a replacement, stripped the original and rewound another coils wire onto it. If we know what it ohmed out at, we might be able to remake the original coil. I have done it for an old Bally bingo pinball and it worked perfectly, using the original coil it fits. If your interested in rewinding it, let me know and I will elaborate on how I did it.
Dave
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:34 pm
by radiorich123
HI
Yea I will rewind it if i can not find a original. Its 26 guage copper wire. Hope to find the original one.Its also 50 volts AC.
Rich
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 pm
by toydoc
I saw these machines in England during the 70's; you might try posting over there and someone may still have parts or part machines.
Bill
Re: Wanted for 1960's Jennings Electronic Galaxy Slot Machin

Posted:
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:47 am
by aristocrat
regarding the previous tip on possible parts machine in england.
you would be very lucky to source that jennings version machine over here in england.
however, if you dont ask.....and of course if you did manage to source one, it would be
more likely nonworking and therefore probably cost very little indeed, in fact if i had one
here you could have all those parts for free and i would just charge you the shipping to US.
these late version machines, be they jennings or aristocrat are very rare but in general are
not collectable, so the few that were here, were quickly stropped for any parts that also fitted
the more collectable fully mechanical versions, eg handles or jennings brass marquees etc
if you are interested i do have a fully mechanical galaxy mechanism with jackpot on a dime
just let me know and can send you some pix.