Daval Gusher bonus trade stimulator-spring placement

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Daval Gusher bonus trade stimulator-spring placement

Postby integ194 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 pm

I am re-installing the clock on this machine and for the life of me I cannot find the spot to which the spring shown in the pic attaches. I thought I had taken a pic prior to removal but.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Wayne
Attachments
gush1.jpg
integ194

Re: Daval Gusher bonus trade stimulator-spring placement

Postby tsparts4u » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi Wayne,
Here is a picture of my my spring hook up. It isn't an easy place to get a very good picture but I hope that this helps you some.
Best regards,
Jerry (tsparts4u)
Attachments
Gusher Spring Location.jpg
tsparts4u

Postby integ194 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 am

Many thanks Jerry-I think I can now see the connecting culprit! It certainly is in a tight spot-I will attempt the connection tomorrow.
Kind rgds
Wayne
integ194

Postby integ194 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:16 am

Your pic Jerry gave me a sighting of approximately where the spring from the clock was to be connected. I then realised that with the clock installed it would be nay impossible (for me at least) to connect that spring at the mech end. So I removed the clock and got a clear sighting of the connecting point and after probably 15 mins using a long spring hook kindly sent to me by Dave Berten bingo Gusher is now fully working after, as I understand, about 30 years in limbo. Although the reels spin cleanly it seems that the brake in each case is a bit harsh and I assume that means the machine could do with a good internal clean, service and lube. I am very happy to get Gusher working Jerry so again thanks so much for providing that inspirational pic. Kind rgds Wayne :D
integ194

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions