Jennings Governor service manual

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Governor service manual

Postby Wille396 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:47 am

Hi, I have a Jennings Governor. Unfortunately it’s broken. The “arm” wil not go further downs as 10 cm and then it’s blocked. Maybe somebody knows what the problem is. A service manual could be a great help. Is there anybody who has a digital copy?
Wille396

Re: Jennings Governor service manual

Postby WS65711 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Wille396 wrote:Hi, I have a Jennings Governor. Unfortunately it’s broken. The “arm” wil not go further downs as 10 cm and then it’s blocked. Maybe somebody knows what the problem is. A service manual could be a great help. Is there anybody who has a digital copy?

Sounds like it's jammed up?

Try this....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1399&p=3560&hilit=jam#p3560
WS65711

Postby Wille396 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have found the video on YouTube too. It didn’t help me much. There are no coins in the mechanic. I found the coin detector wasn’t working properly. I have fixed it and then I found more problems.

The machine hasn’t been played for about 9 years. It hasn’t been serviced since it’s in our family and that’s 40 years. I think I will have to find somebody to service it for me since I don’t have a service manual.
Wille396

Postby oldslotman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Wille396 wrote:Thank you for your quick response. I have found the video on YouTube too. It didn’t help me much. There are no coins in the mechanic. I found the coin detector wasn’t working properly. I have fixed it and then I found more problems.

The machine hasn’t been played for about 9 years. It hasn’t been serviced since it’s in our family and that’s 40 years. I think I will have to find somebody to service it for me since I don’t have a service manual.

Where are you located?
oldslotman

Postby simonlindsay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi,

I have two Governors, one in mid-teardown and the other working. Try this link, it's for the Chief but the principles are the same. Unfortunately, the photos aren't too good for lubrication areas etc.

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/Jenning ... Manual.pdf

Hope this helps.

Simon
simonlindsay

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions