Hopper Jam

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Hopper Jam

Postby Cadence4448 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:08 am

Dear Dave,

I just acquired a Sigma Inc., Deuces Wild Poker Machine. When I turn it on, I get a prompt that says, "Hopper Jammed." I unplugged the hopper and removed it. Noticed a solenoid under the hopper coin holder. Assumed the button on the solenoid switch needed to be depressed by the weight of enough coins in the hopper to allow payouts. Adjusted the contact screw. Reset the machine. Loaded coins. Button pressed. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Ralph
Cadence4448

Re: Hopper Jam

Postby tsparts4u » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:14 am

This might not be the problem, but have you dumped out all of the coins in the hopper, to see if maybe, there is a coin stuck somewhere, that is preventing the hopper from turning?
tsparts4u

Postby Cadence4448 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Okay, saw nothing, but the circular disc was not snug against the black (quarter feeder) disc behind it. A gap was obvious. Unscrewed the rubber star that holds the circular disc against the feeder disc and five quarters fell out. How they got there in the first place is a mystery. Just got the machine in busted condition.

Also noted that the "knife" (I think it's called) wasn't snug against the feeder disk. Thus quarters were not always riding up its ramp to lift the sensor wheel. Instead they were slipping behind the knife and jamming. Bent it a little as well as the plate that snugs over it. Now it works like a charm. All the mismatch was because those quarters had gotten behind the metal disk.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ralph
Cadence4448

Postby Cadence4448 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:20 pm

Dear Dave,

All systems go on this poker machine, but am unable to lock the access door closed. There is a part missing inside that restricts movement of the metal strip that unlocks the door. I don't know what it looks like. I think I will need both the lock and the inside piece. Would include a pic, but can't seem to block and paste it here.

Ralph
Cadence4448

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions