Chrome and castings

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Chrome and castings

Postby Ttheer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 am

Who is the best place to send my parts for (1) Re caroming and (2) parts needing to be recasted using the original parts - I need accuracy.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Ttheer

Re: Chrome and castings

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am

Speed & Sport Chrome Plating has been seen many times in these forums as well as some of the jukebox restoration forums. I have never used them but know that it is diffecult to find a chrome plater that can do cast aluminum and tried a place in St Louis that said they could, but once I received the newly replated casts, said that they can't do the copper layer well which is what fills in the imperfections and pits. So that is an important question to ask a prospective plater.

I see in another thread you mention you have some QT's that need castings and cabinets. If you come across a Thunderbird 21 Star casting for a 1c QT, let me know. If it is something you are looking to get recast I may be interested in that also.
ThirdGenAmusement

Re: Chrome and castings

Postby Ttheer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks for all the information. I have a 21 star I might get recast and if I do I will let you know

Regards
Tim
Ttheer

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions