This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: New Member

Postby Steve Neul » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Here is the finished machine.
Attachments
Finished.jpg
Steve Neul

Postby Catman88 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:58 am

Thanks for posting and sharing your restoration, looks good to me but I'm just a newbie.
Catman88

Postby Steve Neul » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Catman88 wrote:Thanks for posting and sharing your restoration, looks good to me but I'm just a newbie.
Thanks. I could have done more to restore it but wanted to do as little as I could since it had belong to my wife's grandmother. The reel strips on the inside look old but where legible and none of them were torn. I don't know why they did it but there was some clear green film between two pieces of glass covering the reel strips. I took it out and polished the film as best as I could but still was a little cloudy. It's funny, usually a device like that the mechanism is the hard part but this one just needed a spring.
Steve Neul

Postby Catman88 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Just curious, have you learned anymore about your machine, does it function like a real slot machine, does it pay money or gum balls. Does it function properly. BTW, it looks way better than it did.
Catman88

Postby Steve Neul » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Catman88 wrote:Just curious, have you learned anymore about your machine, does it function like a real slot machine, does it pay money or gum balls. Does it function properly. BTW, it looks way better than it did.
It only pays gum balls. It does that every time regardless. The way I understand it if you matched the same cigarette on the reels the store clerk would give you the 1 to 10 packs of cigarettes depending on the variety. I also understand that if the recipient didn't want the cigarettes they could sell them back to the store getting cash for a prize.
Attachments
Front sticker.jpg
Steve Neul

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions