This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Postby Steve Neul » Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi, I've just joined this evening to see if I can learn something about this machine before I begin restoration. It was at one time in my wife's grandmothers store in Illinois and she has inherited it. I believe the mechanism itself would work if the old springs were replaced. It will function if you help it a little. Anyway it would be good if I knew who made it and what it originally looked like. There is a label inside of it that says Deluxe Derby with a serial number C607. The wheel with the cigarette labels is in good condition and have no desire to do anything to it but there is a label on the front which is pretty well rotten. I believe I would like to replace that but some of it is not legible. Then there should be a little door on the front of it which I would need to fabricate one and don't know what it would look like. On the mechanism there is a red metal plate on the front which the graphics are not ledgable. I'm also wondering what that looked like. Any info would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMGP2723.JPG
Steve Neul

Re: New Member

Postby atac » Wed May 26, 2021 9:32 pm

It was made by Superior Confection in OH. Google Superior Confection cigarette trade stimulator and you should get some image hits. Others on the forum are more expert on that company, but that should get you started.
atac

Postby Steve Neul » Thu May 27, 2021 5:04 am

Thanks for the information. I googled slot machines and found one that looked similar but it was just someone selling one. There wasn't any information with it.

This one may be like the one I have. I see what the door on the front needs to look like.
Attachments
$_57.JPG
Steve Neul

Postby tsparts4u » Thu May 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi,
I have some items for your machine, if you are interested.
I have the tag that goes on the red flap that goes over the reels, the award card and an inspection tag that would go on the inside of the case. See samples attached.
Best regards,
Jerry (tsparts4u)
P.S. I also have replacement reel strips if you are interested.
Attachments
#AC4396J Superior Ball Gum Inspection Tag-SAMPLE.jpg
#AC4262J Superior Ball Gum 1-10 Packs-SAMPLE.jpg
#AC4390J Superior Ball Gum-You Cheated Me-SAMPLE.jpg
tsparts4u

Postby Steve Neul » Thu May 27, 2021 1:17 pm

I have the sticker with the serial number and the reel strips are in good condition. I could use the other two though. Let me know what I need to do.
Steve Neul

Postby tsparts4u » Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Hi Steve,
If you e-mail me your shipping information at ucanwin777@aol.com Ill send you the two items, and you can send me a check when you get them.
Regards,
Jerry
tsparts4u

Postby Steve Neul » Thu May 27, 2021 3:40 pm

What do you think here. The frame holding the label is held in here with four solid rivots. Where circled the aluminum body is cracked pretty bad. I'm more than apprehensive in putting another rivot back here. What about cutting the rivot off flush and gluing it in with some JB weld.
Attachments
IMGP2725.JPG
IMGP2724.JPG
Steve Neul

Postby Keather » Fri May 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi Steve,

I had a similar issue, and drilled out the rivets and replaced with tiny carriage bolts and put a larger washer on the back. From the outside looks like a rivet, and holding great.

Good Luck
Keather

Postby Steve Neul » Fri May 28, 2021 1:13 pm

I thought about maybe putting a push nut on the rivot but after looking at it the back side needs to be nearly flush to assemble it. There isn't room for a nut of any kind.
Steve Neul

You cheated me flag.

Postby Steve Neul » Mon May 31, 2021 5:50 am

How is the You Cheated Me flag suppose to work. Right now it moves out of the window when you cock the mechanism but when released it drops down in the front of the window blocking the view of the reels. I can see a stop in there and if I move the lever below the stop it just sits there and does nothing.

Another question is my machine is missing the coin tray. Does anyone have a picture of what one looks like so I can fabricate one.
Thanks

After tinkering with it for a while I figured I had it set up wrong and the "You Cheated Me" shutter will come down only if you jostle the machine. Makes sense.
Steve Neul

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions