Exhibit Supply vacuumatic card vender-vacuum operation

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Exhibit Supply vacuumatic card vender-vacuum operation

Postby integ194 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:41 am

I am currently restoring this machine which had not been used for around 5 years. Once a coin is inserted and the dispensing handle activated an arm containing a suction/vacuum cup is intended to suck a card out of the stack. Unfortunately I am not getting any 'suck'. I have removed the mechanism, cleaned it and resealed the rubber joints of the cup and the bellows but no improvement. Does anyone have any experience with this mechanism? Thanks Wayne
Attachments
IMG_3755.JPG
exhsuphr.jpg
integ194

Re: Exhibit Supply vacuumatic card vender-vacuum operation

Postby integ194 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm

Well as so often happens when a problem is resolved I ask the question why not sooner?? Anyhow I finally thought about the vacuum process within the mechanism. The suction cap looked ok; the bellows did not appear fractured and I had sealed the assembly. Then I realised the last remaining item was the valve at the end of the vacuum tube. It looked damaged (valve in pic) and so replaced it with a new valve I had which was about the age of the machine and presto I had suction. The faulty valve then was not allowing the vacuum tube to be pressurised. After making some adjustments to a trading card output bracket I now have an operational machine and will now undertake a cosmetic resto.
Attachments
IMG_3764.JPG
integ194

Postby integ194 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:05 pm

Resto completed.
Attachments
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3791.JPG
integ194

Postby integ194 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:30 pm