Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Postby sbmania » Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:26 pm

Anybody still make the cabinet pinstripe decals typically used on Pointsettia cabinets? I have a decent Pointsettia with a nice original finish but some ignoramus got lots of paint specks on it way back when. I am not having any luck getting the spots of paint off the wood cabinet without removing the old stain/finish as well. Tried acetone, Goof Off, alcohol, etc. Any ideas?
sbmania
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:38 am

Re: Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Postby altort » Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:40 pm

That is not a decal its a stencil, I have made my own in the past dont know if eny one is makingnthem now days, Tom Krahl use to have them back in the day.
altort
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Ma.

Re: Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Postby 63mini » Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:49 pm

sbmania,

altort is correct about the stencil. The last ones I saw for sale were about 5 years ago. I just recently went through the same type of issue as you with a mills FOK. Mine however, seemed to be painted by a three year old. I had to gently remove the mopped-on paint to expose the original stenciling. After that was exposed, I was able to trace the artwork to create a new stencil. It was very tedious, but I was able to do it, and I was happy with the results.

At least you seem to have a clear view of your stenciling. So, it should be easier for you to duplicate.

Also, if I remember correctly. There were three (3) different stencils. One (1) for the gooseneck/operator bell, one (1) for the silent bell and one (1) for the FOK machines.
Attachments
IMG_20250923_120309981.jpg
IMG_20250921_100440669.jpg
IMG_20250923_120209267.jpg
IMG_20261001_135847783.jpg
63mini
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:08 am


Return to Slots

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests