Page 1 of 1
Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Posted:
Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:26 pm
by sbmania
Anybody still make the cabinet pinstripe decals typically used on Pointsettia cabinets? I have a decent Pointsettia with a nice original finish but some ignoramus got lots of paint specks on it way back when. I am not having any luck getting the spots of paint off the wood cabinet without removing the old stain/finish as well. Tried acetone, Goof Off, alcohol, etc. Any ideas?
Re: Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Posted:
Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:40 pm
by altort
That is not a decal its a stencil, I have made my own in the past dont know if eny one is makingnthem now days, Tom Krahl use to have them back in the day.
Re: Mills Pointsettia Cabinet Decals

Posted:
Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:49 pm
by 63mini
sbmania,
altort is correct about the stencil. The last ones I saw for sale were about 5 years ago. I just recently went through the same type of issue as you with a mills FOK. Mine however, seemed to be painted by a three year old. I had to gently remove the mopped-on paint to expose the original stenciling. After that was exposed, I was able to trace the artwork to create a new stencil. It was very tedious, but I was able to do it, and I was happy with the results.
At least you seem to have a clear view of your stenciling. So, it should be easier for you to duplicate.
Also, if I remember correctly. There were three (3) different stencils. One (1) for the gooseneck/operator bell, one (1) for the silent bell and one (1) for the FOK machines.