Cal-Neva Jennings Slot Machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Cal-Neva Jennings Slot Machine

Postby oldslotman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 pm

The first thing is to get it working. That machine is a Jennings Club Chief which was of the first machine to have lights. I see there is a broken plastic in the front and That maybe hard to replace. Otherwise it don't look to bad. A little clean up and polish may look it look pretty good. Most of the value of that machines is the fact that it is a dollar machine and the top marque and the plaque on the front. That is what makes it a special machine.
oldslotman

Postby damikeguy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 am

Nice find. Where are you located? There are a lot of really great and talented guys around that could help you out.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby daveintulsa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:20 am

I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Anyone in Oklahoma, or southern Missouri that could help me better preserve this machine?
daveintulsa

Postby danforth » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:30 pm

That is a great machine ! I have 4 Cal Neva Machines in my collection. 2 are Chinese fronts with the brass Cal Neva on the front and 2 are Wild Indian Sun Chiefs. All of them are un-restored, and my strong advice would be to tune yours up mechanically and keep the exterior ORIGINAL. Too many over restored machines out there that lose their character in my opinion. One of my 25 cent machines has a front load jackpot with a Mills lock and worm key in the opening, I have seen Chinese fronts and Standard Chief machines with a front load lock added, but they have all been Ace style locks. One of my quarter machines and both Sun Chiefs have a Wild Indian symbol on the first reel that pays with any combination. I have included pics of all four machines, they all light up, but I only included pics of the Chinese fronts lit up. If you ever want to sell yours I would love to hear from you. J.D.
Attachments
slot cal neva wild indians.jpg
slot cal neva quarters lit up.JPG
slot cal neva quarters .jpg
danforth

Postby daveintulsa » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Awesome collection! Thank you all for your responses, I'm really in hopes of finding someone in this region that can get this guy working again for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
daveintulsa

Previous

Return to Slots