Jackpot on Jennings Sun Chief

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jackpot on Jennings Sun Chief

Postby Deb » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 am

Does a Jennings Sun Chief automatically fill the jackpot once the payout tube is filled?

Another question, I have the children coming over this weekend and they played with this machine at Grandpas shop when they were young. Once one of the children hit the jackpot and Grandpa gave paper cash and kept the quarters. They think it was $50.
(Grandpa always kept quarters when delivery people wanted to play)
How much money does one put in a quarter slot machine jackpot? Three bells pay out 18 quarters.

Thanks for letting me join your forum, this machine has me intrigued!
Deb

Re: Jackpot on Jennings Sun Chief

Postby MONTI » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 am

Yes, you are correct that after the coin tube above the payout slides is full over flow coins are directed to the Front Jackpot assembly, first filling the main portion of the jackpot and then the reserve portion fills above the "fingers" or TABS shown in the below photo!
Once the front jackpot is full the coins are then directed to the coin can the "house take" persay!
The reserve jackpot was maintained to always keep a few coins in the main jackpot to entice a player to play the slot machine even after the main jackpot had paid out!
As for the amount held in the main jackpot for payout, $50.00 does seem a little high and depending on how the coins stack in the main jackpot I believe would be less!
The front jackpot can also be hand loaded when the mechanism is removed from the cabinet as shown in the photo below!
And welcome to the Forum!
MONTI

JENNINGS Sun Chief Front Jackpot1a.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby sam2002 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:45 am

Hi your machine appears to have a hand load jackpot.a key will remove the indian bust for hand load.
Monti you missed it lol you don’t usually miss this stuff! Great info on this machine Monti!
sam2002

Postby MONTI » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Well Sam!
My only excuse is this is a different post on the same machine but with no photo so I neglected to go to the other post and reference the photo!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL
I do make mistakes or at least my wife tells me I do all the time!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby sam2002 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:17 pm

MONTI wrote:Well Sam!
My only excuse is this is a different post on the same machine but with no photo so I neglected to go to the other post and reference the photo!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL
I do make mistakes or at least my wife tells me I do all the time!
MONTI

Yes sir!!
sam2002

Postby Deb » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks to both of you for answering. I did hand feed the jackpot by taking off the Indian Head. I’ve been having fun putting quarters in watching to see if any fall in the jackpot area and never saw any go in there. I took off my back and checked my cash box and found lots for me! One happy owner, thanks for your help.

I also found a Jennings Parts Catalog on line. Here’s the answer to my question on Jackpot question. Jackpot for quarters is $37.50! I also ordered a book Jennings Slot Machine Repair Manual to help me out.
Attachments
D3CDB780-52AB-43AB-87FA-5BE7AD9C8E15.png
F9A5C966-2A4C-4F73-985C-4319D491F164.png
Deb

Postby Phan000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:33 am

With the jackpot in the photo above-

What mechanism causes the tab lever to release the reserve?

Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread.
Phan000

Return to Slots